Chapter 13: City of Champions

"Why is the bus stopping?" Ray asked when the group arrived in Edmonton.

"We are out of gas", Ben answered.

"How have you been able to get gas before?" Jordan asked.

"We had a siphon. But Ron was carrying that when we left the ski resort. So it's still laying in Ron's backpack", Ben replied, "So it looks like we are on foot from here on out."

"Grab as many bags as you can", Ben ordered as he picked up some bags, "We will need the supplies."

"Do you know your way through the city, Ben?" Ray asked as he picked up some bags.

"No. But it shouldn't be too hard. If we keep walking east we will find our way through the city."

"There would be too many cars blocking the roads anyway", Randi added, "There would be no way that we could drive through the city."

"Well there is no point commenting on it. We don't have any gas, so we are going to have to suck it up and walk through the city", Jane said as she walked towards the front of the bus, "Come on! We don't have all day!"

The rest of the group climbed out the bus and looked around the city. They walked down the lifeless streets of what used to be Edmonton, searching for a way out of the city.

"It's so empty", Jessica said, "The only thing here are empty vehicles and buildings."

"I'm sure that it's not completely empty", Ben stated, "This place is probably crawling with walkers."

"Do you think there will be any more survivors?" Randi asked.

"Doubt it", Jane commented, "Other humans are hard to come by these days. The only things we ever see are walkers."

"And that's not exactly a pretty sight!" Ray added.

"No, they definetly aren't. But we will probably see some very soon", Ben stated.

"How are you doing Jessica?" Jordan asked, "Would you like me to carry Noah for a bit?"

"I should be fine. He isn't that heavy yet."

"Okay. Tell me when you need a hand"? Jordan told Jessica.

"Awww! You two are so sweet", Randi stated, "I wish I could have somebody in my life like that."

"I'm sure you will Randi. I'm sure that you will find a guy who loves you for who you are", Jessica commented.

"Of course! Cause there are tons of guys out here that you could date. I wouldn't keep your hopes high", Jane stated.

"A girl can dream, can't she?"

"Of course you can, Randi! There is nothing wrong with that!" Jessica said, smiling at Randi.

"Don't want to interrupt your conversation", Ray interrupted, "But there is a group of walkers up ahead. They haven't noticed us yet so we should be fine as long as we stay out of there way."

"We will just have to go back down the block and go around. Then we should be straight on route, again", Ben stated as he turned around.

"As long as we are away from those things I'll be happy", Randi said.

"I'm sure that would make us all happy", Jessica added.

"Well it looks like our happiness is about to end here", Ben stated as he walked around the corner, "This road is crowded with walkers as well."

"They weren't there when we walked by, were they?" Jordan asked.

"No but they must have smelled us as we walked past the first time", Ben replied as he turned around, "We will need to be careful."