Chapter 4: The Counting Game

"Keep your guards up!" Raymond ordered as the group got to the outskirts of the town, "There will be walkers everywhere. And we don't need anybody to die tonight."

"And there's our first geek!" Josh said as he shot an arrow at the zombie, piercing it through the neck, "Poor bugger didn't even know what hit him. Josh walked over and pulled the arrow out of the zombie's neck and put it back in his quiver.

"Even more reason to stay alert", Ray added, "That's only one, but there are bound to be more out here."

"Randi. Can I hold your hand?" Pablo asked as he walked up beside her, "I'm scared."

"Of course you can", Randi said as she reached out her hand. Pablo extended his hand out as well so he could hold her hand. He gripped her hand so hard that it hurt, but Randi didn't mention it because she knew he was afraid. They walked a bit farther down the bush when they heard something rustling in the bushes on their right. They stopped and looked in the direction it was coming from. Pablo hid behind Randi and peeked out every once in a while to see what was happening. When it seemed as if nothing was going to happen, two walkers jumped out of the bushes and attacked the group. Jordan stabbed one of the walkers and Raymond smashed a rock into the other one's skull.

"There is number two and three", Jordan stated as he pulled his knife out.

"And there are four, five and six", Ray said as three walkers charged from the bushes on their left. Jordan, Ray, and Josh quickly handled the three infected and the group started to walk again. Everybody was paranoid now. They didn't want to get attacked anymore.

Jordan could see that everybody was tense so he thought it would be a good idea to try and lighten up the mood. So he walked over to Pablo and said, "How about we play a game Pablo?"

"Okay. What kind of game?" Pablo replied. He was a bit confused at why Jordan wanted to play a game when they should have been focusing on the walkers, but he was curious to what the game was, so he just went with it.

"It's a counting game", Jordan answered, "We will count how many geeks we can kill and the loser is the first person to get killed by one of the geeks."

"That's a terrible game!" Randi said as she pulled Pablo away from Jordan, "Don't listen to anything he has to say Pablo."

"But that sounds like a fun game", Pablo stated as he let go of Randi's hand, "Look there is number seven over there."

"Well that one doesn't count. We haven't killed it yet", Jordan said as he threw his knife at it. It hit the zombie in the head and he said, "Now it counts. Now it's number seven."

"I want in on this game!" Josh stated. He saw a walker down the road a bit and shot it with an arrow. It punctured a hole in the zombies head and Josh said, "There is number eight!"

"Count me in too!" Raymond said as he looked around for another zombie. He wanted to be able to get a kill in too.

"You all are such little boys!" Randi stated, "Shouldn't you be focusing on getting out alive?"

"We are! But we are just making a game out of it", Jordan explained. He saw a zombie in down the road a bit and was about to go and kill it, when Raymond stopped him.

"Do you hear that?" Raymond said as he looked back towards the town.

"No what is it?" Josh asked, trying to hear the sound that Ray was hearing.

"I don't know", Raymond replied as he looked back. He saw lights coming from down the road and the sound got louder. He looked back at the group and said, "Its trucks."