The Band

It has now been two weeks since my fight with Luis. My left hand is still aching but I can play violin again. Tonight, I have a rehersal with my band. I put back the bandage on my hand, hiding the scar that the nail has left. When I see it, it makes all the bad feelings come back. When I get out of the classroom, I see Luis. I can't bare him now, he became my enemy. Even though his parents bought me a violin and punished him severely, I can't help hating him. Saying that, they bought me a new violin only because they were scared of going at the tribunal. My dad was so angry that he threatened them: a violin or the tribunal!

When I get down the bus, I take a little path near the forest before going at Antony's house. I listen at the birds singing and I let myself dream a little bit. When I look at the clouds, I can guess that it will soon be raining. I enjoy these moments of pure joy. In a few minutes I will meet the boy that I love. One day I'll have to tell him.... But for the moment I'll be playing music with him. He composed a song for us all and he would like us to play it. I can't wait! I'll do my best to please him and play even better that he expected me to do! I start to walk down the road and can't help walking faster, too excited to see him again.

When his dad opens the door, he announces me that William is not here for the moment. As I am about to walk down the stairs, I can feel my heart bouncing in my chest. I open the door of the room and... I explode. I find myself in front of Nolwenn and Antony...KISSING!! I melt on the spot and stand there, staring at them. They turn toward me and as they see me like that, I turn around and run back upstairs. I see William and Antony's mum, carrying a bowl of cookies and they stare at me as they see me run out of the house. As I run, I start to cry... again. It is raining now, but I don't care. I just continue down the road.

How could she do that to me? Nolwenn, my best friend!! She knows I love Antony!  I told her!!AND SHE STOLE HIM FROM ME!!! I'll never forgive her! NEVER!!!!

How could she do that to me? Nolwenn, my best friend!! She knows I love Antony! I told her!!AND SHE STOLE HIM FROM ME!!! I'll never forgive her! NEVER!!!!

Water rolls down my cheeks, but I don't know which one is tears or rain. I don't have any coat, my hair sticks all over me and I am soaking wet, heavy and tired. I stop down the road and make signs at the cars, hitch-hiking, but no one would stop for me. I just let myself down on the pavement, bring my knees close to me and stand there in the rain. I am nothing. Nobody wants me. Not even a car to bring me back home.

Fifteen minutes go by when a little red car parks in front of me, and the driver invites me to come in. It is an old lady, with white hair tied in a bun. She seems very sweet and nice. I sit on the right front seat and put my violin case between my legs.

-"What are you doing outside by this weather sweetheart? You're going to get sick! Where are you going? You look quite sad...

-I'm going to St-Brieux. Thank you very much madam, don't worry for me."

The lady brings me back home, but despite her attempts to make me feel better, I couldn't take away Antony and Nolwenn from my mind.

This time, I put delicately down my violin when I get back home. I came back earlier than normally and my family noticed it.

-"Lucy? What are you doing here? Aren't you practicing with the band? asks Sandra

-No. I'll tell you later."

I go to my room, sit on my bed and grab my phone to call Jane and tell her everything. But instead of Jane, my fingers dial an other phone number...

-"Hello? Lindsey? Do you have a few minutes? I need to speak with you...

-Yeah sure! You don't seem well, tell me!

I then tell her everything. Antony and Nolwenn, but also my fight with Luis and the broken violin...

-I understand you Lucy. I have also been pulled down for many years, and even today, I have suffered it. But you need to tell yourself that you are stronger than them! Don't let mean and weak people spoil your life! You have only one! So make it bright and happy! I know it's not easy, believe me, but you must try! If you want it you can! It's my motto. It is not because things are difficult that you don't dare, it's because you don't dare that they are difficult. Remember of the caged bird. So now don't let people step over you and let your voice be heard! OK?

-Yeah! Thank's Lindsey! If I want I can! And I won't let people step over me!