Audition

"She's coming!"

At the end of the road, a minibus has just parked. Lindsey, Gavi, Drew, Devin, a man and a woman that I don't know (I think she's the pianist) hopped down. My favrite artist tooojj her violin while Gavi took a case (maybe an electric guitar) and the litte group started to walk happily in the music school's direction. I feel the stress burning inside me, and Jane starts to hop next to me, so exited as she is. We can see she's not the one who will play violin in front of all of THEM!!!! When the door opens, all the butterflies that were twirling in my stoach suddenly exploses. She is finally in front of me! She came for ME! Wow!

"So! Are theSupprimer le mot répététwo violin prodigy ready? Hi I'm Gavi!" he says to Jane.

Everyone presents himself and we all get along fine. Seems that we are going to have a great time! They are all so great! The man was actually her producer and the girl is her pianist. In fact, in the group, everyone is not focused on Lindsey. Everyone has a place and the same rights as others. Lindsy's not the chief. They work as a group. Every decision is taken after a vote of everyone.

We then all enter the big room.

-"Wow! Great! The drums are already there!

-And there are speakers for the electric guitar!

-Guys we're in a music school! You idiots! Says Lindsey."

We all take place with our instruments. Drew takes the guitar, Gavi the drums, the girl sits down Bhind the piano and Lindsey and I stay in the middle of the stage, while Jane ans the Producer sit down in the public seats. Everyone is ready to play.

..... Silence .....

..... I hear a fly flying in the air .....

Lindsey talks, breaking this horrible silence.

-"Well, em... maybe you want to play us Something bfore. Do you mind playing without accompaniment?

-Oh... no! ... not at all!"

Of course, I knew it! Wow. Without accompaniment! I'm gonna die! In front of EVERYONE! AAAAAH!!!!!!

"Well, I'm gonna play Vivaldi's "Autumn"!"

I start playng. Not very well, as usual, I play it differently. This time, I put all my heart in my music. But I make some wrong notes. I'm too stressed. When I finish, no one moves. They all have their eyes wide open. Staring at me. They seem to be frozen statues gazing at me.

That's the most embarassing feeling that anyone can have.

Maybe I'v played well...

Lindsey opens her mouth: -"You play so well! Wow! I've never seen that in my life! You are amazing!"

-It was... perfect!

Everyone compliments me on my Autumn.

-What if we started serious work? proposes Lindsey.

-Yep!

-What if we started by...Transcendance? Is it ok for you?

-Of course!"

I start playing with the piano and the drum. Lindsey accompanies me and we dance a wild Transcendance, like no one has ever seen one! Because we both know the choreography, we can make a duo. We are having agreat moment together. We played a lot of duos and have let us transport us in the great world of music. The one that makes you forget about all your problems, about everything that doesn't concern music. The one we all are in when we touch an instrument. It is so great to be able to play violin with your favorite violinist! With the person you admire the most on earth! Shadow, Phantom of the Opera, Electric Daisy Violin, we played nearly all of her songs! After 2h30 of violin, wi fially stopped, exhausted of all this violin and this dance, ouf finger sore of playing so long. Lindsey and I look at each other and start laghing. Laughing like I've never done before! And the other musicians quickly joined us!

-"Well. Don't you mind leaving us alone two miutes? We need to make a vote to... decide.

-NO problem!"

With all this joy I had playing with her, I almost forgot this was an audition! I get out of the room with Jane and we sit on the couch. I'm not able to say a word, I'm far too stressed! My knees start to tremble and thge butterflies come back. Ten minutes later, the door opens and Lindsey appears in the door frame, followed by all her colleagues. I grab my best friend's hand with a surprising strength and squash it, evacuating my stress. I see her wince but she doesn't say anything. She knows itr is not the moment. We walk to the door, facing Lindsey. I wait impatiently for her response. My mind is empty, like the Grand Cayon and I am not able to think. All that matters for me is Lindsey. Lindsey just in front of me...

-"Well Lucy..." She says.