Bette Davis eyes

My mom never came to pick us up after I called her saying that Savannah's dad was going to pick us up. Just as we were about to cross the woods the car broke down. I know right, the perfect scene for a Tim Burton movie. The point is that now I am crossing the lonely junction all by myself.

My bare feet touch the rough cement while my now loose hair kept making it;s way up my face. It was probably around 1 is and I kept praying for a taxi to drive by, but knowing that this isn't a nightlife city apart from the teenager parties, it was so not likely one will pass.

A pair of lights were started approaching from behind me, probably some old couple coming back from their date. An unmistakable 1900 century Cadillac halted just by my side.

Reed Harrington sitting on the driver seat with a leather jacket that could make any girl swoon.

" What do you think you are? John Travolta?"

Yes, that's all my mind could manage to say at this very moment.

He kept quiet for a moment, but then he parted his lips and started talking.

"Once upon a time a young and very very stubborn girl was walking all alone. Without even realizing where she was going she stepped in the wrong direction and fell right off a cliff. The end."

" Are you done or what? You twat."

I crossed my arms over my chest, furious at him and at his audacity to show his face again.

" Whoah sunshine! a little bit more light and I might be blinded." He sarcastically said as he sat at the top of his seat.

I let out a frustrated sigh. I see why girls fall for his charm and looks but honestly sometimes I just want to kick his genitals, especially now that I am on the bridge of falling asleep on this very same sidewalk.

" Seriously Parker I need to get home."

"Okay"

Without a second glance, he slid back to his seat and turned on the engine and started to slowly drive away. My pride says to let him go but my more reasonable side of me says to beg him to give me a ride.

Before I could decide I found myself walking behind his car.

"Wait!"

The car kept moving despite my weak efforts to stop it. I slouched down in the pavement already giving up at the chances of getting a lift.

"Please, I am exhausted."

I put my head between my knees already feeling its weight too much for me. Soft steps came closer and closer until a pair of sneakers stopped in front of me. There he was standing with a sly smile and an extended hand towards me.

" Let's go sunshine. I hear there are deadly creatures hunting for pretty young women."

I smiled up at him taking his hand at the same time. We mounted the car ready to depart home. He turned on the engine and the switch the radio on hoping to get a line of signal. We both settled into a quiet yet peaceful pregnant pause. My arms rested on top of the door while my nose nestled between my hands. The night was covered by a comforting black veil of darkness. We passed a street with Beverly Hills looking houses. Their lawns were cut perfectly while their flower pots were arranged in a perfect trail that leads to the front entrance. This town is not used to these cape cod looking houses. To be honest, the only people who live here are old couples who refused to accept and acknowledge that the millennial apocalypse has arrived and that their picket fences no longer win the house of the year award.

A soft humming made me turn around Reed's way. His lips moved in sync with the lyrics while his hair flowed with the night wind. His hands were gripping the staring wheel with a little too much force. I notice that on his ring finger a silver band for the very first time. Holy crap! is he secretly married? Or maybe he got married because he was going to be deported? wait, but he was born here as well as his family. Before I could stop myself I was already opening my big fat mouth.

" Why do you have that ring?"

He didn't answer but I know he had heard me. What was so embarrassing that he was avoiding my question. I watched as he bit his bottom lip and fumbled with the ring. I raised an eyebrow encouraging his response.

" It's a purity ring." He finally answered.

You know that moment when you are doing your own thing and you suddenly remember a funny joke and you start laughing so hard that you are unable to stop? Well, that was me at this very moment. Of course he wasn't "pure", I've heard all the rumors for years to actually believe this lie.

" Yeah right and my grandma died a virgin." He looked at me and raised one eyebrow as if I was being a total bitch.

" You are such a jerk you know that? maybe that is why you have so many vendettas." His voice dripped with venom.

"Excuse me for not being praised." I crossed my arms and sulked in my seat.

He sighed and looked at me. "If we are to be friends you have to know that I am not the rumors those desperate girls invent and two, you have to be less judgemental. Afterall I am a young, handsome, sought-after guy."

I was about to reply to his narcissistic comment when my favorite song came on the radio.

" Her hair is Harlow gold

Her lips are sweet surprise
Her hands are never cold
She's got Bette Davis eyes
She'll turn the music on you
You won't have to think twice
She's pure as New York snow
She got Bette Davis eyes."

I sang to my all time favorite 80's song. I followed the lyrics with all my heart while I made weird dance movements with my head. At that moment I didn't fail to notice the small yet unmistakable smile that crept into his perfect rosy lips.

Helloooo beautiful creatures! It's been soooooo long since I last updated but I've been busy and *cough*a lil' bit lazy. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter don't forget to vote/comment/like and share your support.

Spread the love,

~Closerlook

Question: Does someone have dystopian/sci-fi/romance/adventure/action movie recommendations?

Also if you would like me to do a list of dystopian/sci-fi/romance/adventure/action movies I like, comment here.