Heal her Heart

The smell of brewed coffee made its way up my nostrils. The familiar and welcoming scent made my toes tingle with warmth. The windows were wide opened, the air danced in circles around the white and pristine room creating a fresh atmosphere. Plants draped from the ceiling and from the balconies. The walls looked as if green colored snakes were wrapping themselves in ivy. My fingers touched the keyboard anxious to type, I stretched my neck side to side and let my fingers glide gracefully across the keyboard. I tried so hard for my eyes not to close. Last night I slept over at Savannah's she was having a movie night and she invited us over. I let out a frustrated sigh, ugh! I need to start writing this essay.

The could the bell from the coffee shop chimed as four girls walked in. The first one was tall with brown hair and golden highlights. She had a " no one deserves me" face and a button nose.The second one was also tall but blonde, and she couldn't pry her eyes away from her phone. The last girl had opposite features and a curvier body. The three of them sat down at a nearby empty table. A brunette girl walked behind them with her arms behind her back.

" So Daniel finally decided to call. He is so naive! I swear he doesn't know how relationships work." The blonde one flipped her hair side to side.

" Did you hear what Asher and his friends made? They invited the school nerds over to a party but they ended up leaving. Poor people, they felt so awkward and left out." All the girls snickered and smiled as if this was funny.

I got out my phone looking for Reed's contact. It's not that I was bored or in need of his company, I just needed to discuss some business with him. The phone ringed a few times before he actually picked up the call.

" Helloooo" he screamed at the speaker. I pulled my phone away from my ear. There was loud music and screaming in the background. Was he at a party or something?

" What are you up too?" I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

" Aww, is Cora actually concerned about me." he laughed and so did some of his friends. Why did he have to be such a jerk and make this phone call public?

" Umm-"

" Hey, Reed. let's go, they just brought some catering and I am starving" A girl's voice could be heard through the speaker. He laughed but I didn't hear him resist.

And my heart sped up like a marathon. Why? I can't know why but I hate it. It makes me mad. I am supposed to feel indifferent about Reed being around other people especially girls. It's not like he is my property or anything but at least he should say something or give some privacy and respect to my call. Why did he act like such a jerk around other people? When did I even started caring on what he did? I hate it so much! I gripped the cell phone with my hands and spat the next words out.

" Bon appetite, Asshole" I gripped my phone with all my strength.

" Cora Wait! You should-"

I didn't even let him finish. It wasn't worth my time or energy, besides he is not in his right mind right now. I don't care if he had an apology or a lame excuse no one can disrespect me like that. I may be exaggerating a little bit but it just feels so wrong.

I gripped my hair and slammed my head against the table. Ouch! what is going on with me?! Am I going insane? The girls next to me stared at me like I had grown a second head ( I think I just lost mine cause it's hurting so bad).

" What!" I yelled at the criticizing group of girls. Don't they have anything better to do? And why do everything and everyone seem so annoying today?

" Girls I can't wait for later!" The blonde one finally changed the direction of the girls gazes towards her.

" I know, the pictures are going to turn out so great!"

" I have this cute bandana I can wear." The quite girl said and no one said anything.

" Oh, I know what I want to be I will be like- mmm like those tomboys from Tumblr with the really cool pictures."

And I almost spit my drink at this pathetic remark. Tomboy my ass! what is wrong with girls and trends these days. First, there was this Coachella shit, then scream queens clothes, unicorn/glitter something and now tomboy!? I mean aren't tomboys supposed to be laid back, makeup-free and actually know how to ride a skateboard or even bounce a fricking ball. I just hate how society makes up this trends, now every girl wants to so desperately be a " Tumblr girl" that they don't even bother be themselves.

" We can also have a more relax vibe, something more natural." The same quiet voice said. The other girls smiled at each other knowingly.

" Um- the truth is that the shoot is meant to be for three but, I'll see if I can change it to four." The girl smiled ( a so not sincere one). What a bitch!

" Okay" she sadly whispered

" We should go now it's getting late. We'll see you later." The blond one smiled and raised her eyebrows at the petite girl, the other one just lifted her lip a little. And just like that the three of them walked out.

I stopped pretending to not eavesdrop their conversation and I turned my body to face the lonely girl. She had hazel eyes with a tint of brown, at the moment they looked crystal with tears. Her auburn hair was pulled up in a ponytail, and she beat up shoes were trembling along with her shoulders.

" Hey" I grabbed her hand in mine. " You shouldn't waste your time with those girls." I stood up from my chair and sat next to her in the booth. Her hands were cold and shaky, I felt so bad for her.

" If they are not willing to see how amazing you can be you should quit being with them. It is a toxic friendship and you are the one getting poisoned. Some people are just too damn lost to be mend, but you, you shouldn't be like them when you can be better."

She smiled up at me, but I still sense that she still wasn't sure.

" The world has 7 billion people or something like that and you still choose to stay with the most deceitful and thoughtless creatures. My only two guesses are whether you are a masochistic or you are too scared to part your own way. Honestly, I am betting on the latter."

" They've been they only girls I've ever hung with, and I am scared of never being able to make new friends."

" Well, you shouldn't cause you just got one." I pointed at myself and she let out a quiet laugh. We both sighed at the same time. This day keeps getting more and more interesting.

" You are right I should probably do something I'm tired of getting used."

" Attagirl" I extended my hand for her to high five.

Sometimes It is easier to heal yourself by helping others, and right know I felt so much better that I even forgot for a second about my anger towards Reed.

I want to start off by thanking everyone that has voted and commented on this book. It means the world to me you guys are amazing! I will try to update as soon as possible. Probably after exams are finished! :) Just wondering, has anyone heard of the show SKAM? 

PEACE

~ Closerlook