Hog Day

The problem with parties is that I never seem to get the outfit right. Any normal teenager would lay out her outfit for a special night, but I am not any teenager. You see, I am the type of girl that looks for her glasses and later on realizes they are on her head, and that is exactly why I am about to have a crisis. I roam all over my closet picking dress by dress but none of them seem to satisfy my needs.  I ended up deciding on the white loose dress and the long brown boots and jean jacket. I made a messy topknot and added some turtle earrings that I bought at a small boutique. I felt satisfied at myself as I looked at my reflection.

I kneeled under my desk where a hidden binder similar to the one I left at Andy's laid tentatively. Inside this baby my whole plan for tonight was sketched out.

I opened the front door after hearing the doorbell ring. Reed was an adonis handcrafted by god himself. His parents deserved an award for creating such a beautiful yet annoying creature. But I would never ever admit that to him.

" Are you going to a funeral or what?" I seized him up and down meeting his eyes with a raised eyebrow.

" Are you going to Coachella or what?. Wait, I have a better guess, you are marching for animal rights and the legalization of meth!" he smiled sarcastically raising his eyebrow back at me.

" Shut up and drive you asshole." I climbed into the passenger seat of his convertible Cadillac. It was modern with a slight touch of vintage, a style I never thought he'd like. I admired the car from front to back taking in every detail. I felt my pulse quicken in excitement, I had never ever ridden a convertible.

" This is just borrowed, so don't get too excited." 

I couldn't help but smile a little at this little moment. Both of us dressed in such opposite ways, driving a vintage car ready to crash a school's fancy dinner and turn it into a fiasco. Any typical Friday night.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

" Can you remind me again why are we targeting this guy?" we were fifteen minutes away from the location and the akward silence was getting to uncomfrtable.

" This guy, Aaron he is a total jerk. He um hates me especially when we are on the field. Last season our team and theirs had a big fight in an after party. And... last week I was picking up Riley from his soccer lessons and when we got home this big rock landed on the hood of my car. One rock turned to millions, Next thing I knew Aaron and his friends started throwing a bunch of rocks at us." he gripped the steering wheel so tight I was afraid his knuckles might break in half. " I wanted to kick the shit out of them, but not with Riley in there. Poor guy, he was shaking with fear and all because of me and my petty fights."

I couldn't imagine someone doing this to me. I get pissed of at people for touching my food, but if they ever interfere with my family... they would have to pay big time for it.

" Don't you worry about a thing" I slapped him across the arm. " It's now our time to throw rocks."

The party was very fancy, chandeliers were hanging from the ceilings, the curtains were made out of fine silk, and all the boy's and girl's were dressed in tailored outfits. I felt like a total outcast with my simple outfit. My mouth hanged open it admiration as we walked along the long hallways.

" This looks like a Disney castle." I smile in excitement.

" Trust me, it's not that fun." He looked pointedly at me.

" How would you know" I tried challenging his 'I know everything' remarks.

" I used to go here, it was too pretentious for my taste." He left me standing with my head circling around all the secrets he might me hiding.

A row of kitchen staff dressed in blue suit and pants strolled out of the kitchen. Some where carrying glass plates, silver trays filled with exquisite canapés and flutes of bubbling champagne. I stared in shock at all the delicious options at the table.

" You might wanna close your mouth or you'll catch flies."

" This is so abnormal." I whispered yelled trying to knock some sense into him. Come on! What did this spoiled kids do to deserve his?

A talk man with hair slicked back and white gloves cleared his throat. His tall frame stood like an intimidating walk upon us.

" The main dish for tonight is roast pork, please take your assigned seat and wait for it to be served."

They chattering started to slowly faint as we all sat down in sync. It was a long hardwood table dressed in fine cloth and chandeliers. A tall silver tray laid in the middle of the table. A tall dome covered the insides from the freezing air. Everyone shushed as the man like Fred the cap from the hog.

I heard multiple of gasps and whispers of horror. The big hog laid on a pile of pebbles his head pointing straight at us. His eyes were dark and hunting, resting on his mouth was an apple with a note scribbled with a sharpie.

[ Aaron?, more like Ars-hole]

I covered my mouth stifling a laugh as I watched Aaron's fuming face. The teachers and students looked shocked at the scene, while the cookers frantically whispered at each other trying to remove the pig from the table. Beside me Reed smiled smugly at the scene.He turned around and high five me under the table, and motioned with his head at the exit. We quietly left the now chaotic room and drove off into the night.