I know what you've done

My head rested in my fluffy pillows. The soft caresses of the wind comforted me, feeling safe under its protection. My eyes were shut, not daring to open. The same picture kept replaying in my head. Lena's teary eyes and broken expression standing in a mass of hungry animals. I watched as she stood there naked and vulnerable. Her soft side visible to everyone. My plan was to hurt Becker. Just Becker. But I had failed. I felt like a tornado spinning and flipping things around leaving She a mess behind. My heart ached my guilt. My mouth had a teste so bitter and raw. But the worst part was my head. It was eating me alive, bugging me, poking me, taunting me for what I had done. For a moment I thought of taking it back but I quickly discard the thought. Becker deserved this. He had done worst things. If I had to destroy a few things in my way in the future I will worry about replacing them.

I took my computer out. Logging in to my Gmail. A few years ago a friend of my brother taught me how to send anonymous messages. Opening a new draft I carefully chose my words. I couldn't give too much but I had to give her something to hold on.

{ Wrong place at a wrong time. You weren't supposed to be part of this mess. Sorry}

Short and simple that was my intention. My conscience was nagging me so much that sending this was one way of calming it. The "woosh" noise sounded, meaning the message was sent. I stood up and opened my bedroom window to then return to my bed. I snatched my backpack and a few dollars and made my way out the small window. 

-------------------------------------------------------
     The streets were almost empty. The only noise came from a few cars speeding down. The red light made me stop in front of a bookstore. The outside pillars were illuminated creating an intimidating vision. It was a very modern library, with glass everywhere and exotic looking plants outside. I swerved the wheel parking outside the front door. It was an admirable architecture work. The concept of books was very old but this created a different vision. It made books look innovative. I have always liked reading, especially if it was a hardcover book. It is much more magical that way. The floor was covered by a gray colored carpet. It was clean almost new. Rows and rows of bookshelves were lined on both sides of the building. A woman in her forties was seating on the front desk. She smiled at me giving me a saluting nod. 

I traced my fingers along the smooth covers of the books. I have always found hardcover books mesmerizing. It's like if they have magic stored in them. I smiled at how perfect this tiny moment was. Libraries were my sanctuary, everything was okay in here. My thoughts were interrupted when a husky and low voice interrupted me. 

"I gotta admit, you surprised me today." 

A shiver ran through my spine. I turned around and saw Reed Harington's perfect smile. He ruffled his hair and laughed silently. He had a pair of dimples and a mischievous glint in his eyes. His white dress shirt was rolled up to his elbows and he wore a nice pair of beige pants. I could have sworn he was going to some sort of yacht party. 

" Your whole revenge plan has me pretty amazed. Who would have thought a girl like you could ever come up with something like this?"

I almost barked at him. What did he mean by a girl like me? The only thing stopping me from slapping his perfect cheekbone was the innocent card I had to play. 

" What are you talking about?" I tried mimicking an innocent "my puppy just got run over" face.

" C'mon, quit playing. I started having my doubts when I was you leaving Kian's car a few weeks ago,  And today you conveniently left before the whole Becker fiasco started. And from that, I am pretty sure you were behind Nora's bloody disaster."

He lifted his eyebrow at me. He had caught me. And I was doomed. Both of them were his friends now the three of them will hunt me down and kill me.  

"If you say one word about this I will make your life a living hell," I whispered staring deep into his hazel eyes. He stared back unamused at my threat.

" No. You listen to me, I know what you did so I have an advantage over you. If I want to open my mouth I doubt you'll have time to kill me." he smiled smugly. Uggghhh! I want to slap him. But he is right I can't risk anything if anyone finds out things would be bad.

" Just promise me you won't tell."

" Trust me. I am so over drama for now." He raised his hands in defeat. I looked at the kids' book in between his hands. Peter Pan used to be my favorite book. But knowing Reed he would rather be in a football game than here checking out the kid's section.

" Don't tell me you now have a child?" There wouldn't be a surprise there. I bet he reproduces like a gremlin.

" It is for my little brother Riley." 

He smiled as he pronounced his name. Wait, what? isn't Riley a girls name? Geeze! these days people name their children avocado, compass and stuff like that. My ignorant mind was making gape at nothing like an idiot when I realized that Reed was staring at me. I so wanted to end this awkward conversation. First time speaking to him I needed to be a nerve mess.

" Okayyyy, I will see you tomorrow" I awkwardly waved at him slowly turning around.

" Oh trust me you will. I can't wait to see what surprises you have under that sleeve." He smiled at me.

" Careful idiot. You don't wanna get on my bad side." I warned him. The last thing I heard was his laugh disappearing into the distance. But my mind only kept replaying this moment over and over again. What the hell just happened?