EWEW - LWTBB 38: When Barbie Girl Fell In Love With Beer Boy...It Was For Sempre

Start from the beginning

Maybe tonight was going to be the night we'd all die. It sure as fuck felt like it.

Connor released a battle-cry, firing two more shots. "I said get up, motherfvckers!"

One shot hit my car. The other came hopelessly close to my hand.

I flinched, before screaming with all my lungs at the piercing sounds echoing in the dark of the night.

I was in hysterics and Connor wouldn't stop raining blows in the air.

Seeing my distress, Sam cursed under his breath, straightened, and came running to my side with a swift agility mirroring a panther's. He ignored my silent demands for him to stay away. Dammit, I needed him safe. 

My car had acted as a shield for him. Nothing would shield us now. 

The relief that should have washed me with Sam at my side never came. Instead, I freaked out, trying to push him back towards shelter. Push us. But Sam held on, hooking his thick forearm around my waist, plastering me to him.

Satisfied that Sam and I were huddled close, Connor grinned and it was spine-tingling.

Sam muscular chest bowed and collapsed in rapid succession. Fear pounded a rough rhythm against his ribcage and I could feel the fast fluttering under my palm.

The quietude and mischievousness that I'd always associated to Sam's mien had shattered, and in it's place was a type of agitation - agitation because he was helpless to do anything.

I'd never seen that look on his face, and it fucking titillated me.

This wasn't a fight in the octagon cage where Sam could use his fists. These men had guns on them.

One bullet and our world would stop turning, and Beer Boy and Barbie Girl would be a thing of dust.

Connor started clapping his hands together in a mocking-gesture. He was acting like it was the end of a spectacle. Sam and I were being hawked like animals in a circus.

There was a twinkle in Connor's eyes that was all craze as he neared us. "Look what we have here." He waved the gun between us again. "A fvcking joke. A disgrace. The golden fighter and his prized possession – the whxre of the town. I thought athletes were supposed to take care of their health? Stuffing your d!ck in the nearest available pvssy ain't the way to go about it. Lord knows what kind of diseases this bxtch is carrying."

The words, they still hurt.

Sam's entire body went taut with alert, but I clamped his hand to ease him down. We were outnumbered and had no weapons. I could deal with the name-calling. I'd been doing it for years.

Sam continued shaking with a restless energy. "Don't you ever call her a whore again, you fucking piece of shit," he spat as he got up.

I stood up with the force it took to drag him back. I hissed, "Sam. Please."

We needed to make it out of here in one piece. This wasn't going to be my end – our end.

Connor used the butt of his gun to push his long ash-blond strands behind one ear. He laughed a sound that was grating. It reminded me of fingernails running along a chalkboard. "How did you stumble upon this bxtch anyway? That's my question."

Sam rocked back on his heels for a split moment, before cocking his fist and stepping forward, ready to knock him out.

"Ah. Ah. Ah." Connor did it again, waving that gun like a taunt. I went eighteen years without seeing a gun, and now I'd had one aimed at my face twice this week.