The Room of the Lost

Start from the beginning

"Yes, the sun goddess," Sojiro confirmed. "She and her brothers are very powerful, and once you put it all into clear perspective, it's not really hard to comprehend. And how do we get the sun's power from her to you? Simple--this is where (Y/N) comes into play.

"Ever since Emperor Jimmu, the imperial family has always possessed a fraction of power that came with being a part of Amaterasu's magical bloodline, for they are her children, they are the ever growing branches of her legacy. Though the royal family has tried to keep their miraculous abilities from the eyes of common folk for many centuries, it seems as though some secrets are just too big to be kept inside palace walls, and tales of their marvel sprung up in the form of myths."

"So those stories you told us when we were boys," Hanzo began, "they were all real?"

"Quite likely." Sojiro managed a smile. "And let us hope that that is the case, for we are running out of options."

"I'm guessing that the light that came out of (Y/N)'s hand was the power of Amaterasu," the clan heir said just above a whisper, too struck by awe to find the audible voice lingering inside his throat. "But all this still seems so wrong: robbing her from the life she's meant to be in, lying to her about everything from day one--I can't bring myself to use her power for my gain after all the treachery we've done to her."

In that instant the mood weighed down, and Sojiro's graying brows knitted further down the center. "You may not be saying that once you know where we are."

"Well where are we then, father? Why did you tell me to look around this place?" Hanzo pressed on, the need for an answer--any sort of answer--driving him mad to the point of lunacy. The urge to grip his luscious hair out of his scalp was strong and persistent. "What does aunt Kaguya have to do with all of this?"

"This very room was the place where my sister died," Sojiro said at last, snapping his head so he could glower into the amber orbs of his son, "along with all the other reincarnations that have came before you."

The very moment the words flew out of the clan leader's lips, Hanzo unwittingly took a shaky step back with the nauseating realization dawning in a little too late: that he was going further into the very place where possibly hundreds have perished, the very place that may serve as his prison in the near future.

"W-What did they do to her?" Hanzo's voice betrayed the sudden access of fear that clutched his chest.

"She was powerful, a promising asset to our clan," Sojiro began with a fire in his eyes. "She would have been well to be the next leader, but the curse caught up with her years, and the guards brought her here after she turned thirty. Then...they washed no time and struck her down as fast as they could."

Hanzo saw the glimpse of a sword, and then, a quick cry.

He shuddered, his spine tingling as though someone has pierced it with a cold draft.

He began to wonder if he was bound to share the same fate.

"Do you see now why I had to go to great lengths just to get (Y/N)?" The clan leader burst through his son's train of thought with his desperation. "If I don't do this, I will be letting this clan down and all the others counting on you to take my place someday. Your mother counted on me to do this--she made it clear to me on her deathbed what she wanted fulfilled. She wanted nothing more than to see you well, Hanzo...she wanted that damn curse out of you!"

The young man looked back upon his earlier refusal and sighed, clearly the options weighed him down to an overwhelming degree--pick one of the options and this room is his destination, pick the other and live with the fact that he took advantage of you without your full knowledge. If he were being honest, the latter choice sounded like the best one at most, and he figured he could right more wrongs if he were alive.

"Alright, father. I shall give in to your wishes and I shall let (Y/N) use her powers upon me," Hanzo sighed, giving in to his fear before he looked over his shoulder to face his father altogether. "But I am also going to lay down my own terms."

"Well, what are they?" the older man inquired, faded brown orbs glinting with curiosity.

"Firstly, you'll let me purse her as romantic interest, for I'd very much like to establish a more intimate connection with her. We don't need another clan to strengthen ours, and my heart belongs to (Y/N)."

"And your other one?"

"When all this is over, you'll let me bring her back to the emperor."

Sojiro didn't reply immediately, but when he did, his raspy voice was heavy and grave. "Are you certain you want to do that?" he asked. "The emperor could lead an investigation against our clan if you're not careful. You know that people have had their suspicions on us for quite some time now."

"I will be careful," Hanzo assured as his gaze floated up to the dull hallway that stretched out into the brighter main complex of the Shimada palace. "And I intend to amend for our sins against her."

"Fine." Sojiro drew out a heavy breath, knowing argument would be futile when the heir let his heart rule over his mind. "I will come into peace with your terms, but just remember that you only have three years left to undo the curse. After that, it will all be permanent, and your future is pretty much set after that."

"I know father, and I want to thank you for granting me my wishes. I give you my gratitude."

There was a chill in the air and then a pull from behind; Hanzo strayed his tawny eyes to set them back to the aged room that loomed behind him. Suddenly, a herd of voices rang in the air, beckoning him to stay a little bit longer on the spot where he had planted his feet. One by one, they yelled into his ears with hushed whispers, and it was then that the heir dared to guess that they might have been his forefathers calling out to him from the queer world of the spirit realm.

They were warning him, desperately telling him not to share the same fate as they had.

But Hanzo never felt a twinge of worry in that moment, for he knew his fate even before his ancestors did.

I'm not going to die in here.

I'm not going to stay a monster.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading all the way here, and if you liked it, don't forget to vote and comment, loves. :D

Stay tuned in for the next chapter and please check out my other accounts, links are in my bio. I'll need all the support I can get so please come and visit. Thank you!

Peace out, loves! :*

~