Lineage of the Sun

Hey guys! Thanks for all the support I've gotten from y'all and sorry for the long hiatus. It means so much that you enjoy my stories, which is why I'll strive to give you the best that I am able.

Okay, here's the next chapter!
Don't forget to vote, loves! :*

It's been a month--a long grueling month of hours spent wasting away either in an exclusive meeting place or in the much bigger and better furnished office of his home.

Hanzo groaned, brows furrowing to combat the fatigue that threatened to break apart the joints and balls keeping the structure of his hand in place. Said limb wrote and wrote, signed one paper after another. In the clan leader's head, he could always pull through.

'One more...one more...'

There was no time to pause.

Actually, in all truthfulness--even considering the fact that his profession demanded his utmost attention--the Shimada had plenty of time to spare himself at least five minutes of respite.

The real issue, he had realized to his misfortune, was that he couldn't afford to pause. For once he did, thoughts of you would flood in and linger in his head, memories squeezing his chest with an unforgiving force.
A month was already too long for his liking, and he wondered when you'll pull through with your promise and visit. Hearing your voice on the phone only provided him a thread of pleasure that would quickly diminish as soon as it came. It didn't have the same degree of softness that soothed his soul when you'd talk to him in person; rather your words were tainted with a static noise that took away any suggestion of intimacy. It had him growling in aggravation.

He needed to hold you, to wrap your body in his arms.

To be able to feel you.

The mellow wafting scent of the sakura petals riding the breeze around his estate was no compare to the smell of your hair tucked under his chin every time you'd come over for an embrace. Oftentimes you had just gotten out from the steaming kitchens or from running errands, exposed to the various odors of the city. The absence of any sort of cologne on your person was endearing, he decided. It just showed how much of an amiable person you were, finding beauty in all that was simple. He was confident that you'd never waver from being the way you've always presented yourself to be. But it was amazing how you were almost an open book that still manages to surprise him time and time again.

Oh, he envied you for it sometimes. He'd often get a churning in his gut once he realized that he had taken most of the things he had around him for granted--the air, the trees, the sunlight.

But heaven forbid that he'll someday put you at the back of his mind as he would some irrelevant thought. His self-respect would crumble to fine ash, and he might never look at himself the same way again.

"Oh gods, help me," the man muttered to himself as the side of his vision noticed the stack of fine print to his left attenuating much rapidly than he'd please.

Pressing the call button on the black telecom to his right, Hanzo demanded for whoever was present to bring in the rest of the paperwork he may have previously neglected in order to spend more time with you.

To his surprise an unexpected but all too familiar voice cackled from the other side, laughing boisterously almost: "Will do, your lordship. I'll have it in for you before you could even say sashimi!"

"Ugh..." The noise left Hanzo's lips on its own. "Ayato, where is my secretary?"

"Don't worry, your lordship. She's just down with a cold and while she recovers I take it upon myself to do most of her work,er...the ones I could handle anyway."

The Dragon's Curse (A Hanzo X Reader Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें