Heaven's Memories

My eyes flew open

My eyes flew open. It was bright, so my vision couldn't get used to the brightness. I continued blinking. Soon, my eyes were able to stay open. I was in front of a house. The house looked familiar. But I couldn't put my finger on it, since I haven't seen a house like that in years.

I felt like I was begin carried. I turned my head. I saw the face of my father. A face I haven't seen in twenty years. His soft blue eyes, his messy brown hair, and a black gold shirt.

I smiled. I tried to say "dad", but it came out as a burst of laughter. He smiled and adjusted my position. I looked down. I was in a pink onesie with little white stars on it. I was so confused.

I looked down. Beside me were two people. A young boy and girl. The boy looked around six. He was in a zipper hoodie, jeans and runners. His brown hair was messy. The girl looked about four and had shoulder length curly brown hair. She was in a blue shirt, black skirt and purple sandals.

I began recognizing them. The boy was my brother Davin and the girl was my sister Jessica.

I was beginning to put pieces together. Especially since this was feeling quite familiar.

My dad rang the doorbell. The door opened. There stood a woman. I instantly recognized her. Odd, since I haven't seen her like this in years. Peter's mother. Meredith Quill.

She was in one of her sundresses, a white sweater, flats, and her golden curls were tied back into a messy bun. Her face was so full of life. I haven't seen her like this in years. I just giggled.

"Greg!" She exclaimed. She pulled him into a hug. After breaking the hug, she hugged Jessica and Davin. "You two are getting tall!" She exclaims, revealing a little more of her southern accent.
She then turned and looked at me. "This must be Rexine?" She asks. "Yup" my dad answers as he plays with my hair. "She looks like you" she comments. "I think Peter would like to meet her" she says. My dad  hands me to Meredith. Although I still wonder how these people can carry me. Yes I'm light but they're holding me like a freakin baby.

She brings me inside and sits down at the kitchen table. "Peter" she calls. A little boy comes to the table. He looked around Jessica's age. Four. He had short strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a pair of shorts, and a grey t-shirt. My best friend. My brother.

He came and sat at the kitchen table. "This is your new friend, Rexine" she said with a smile. "Can I hold her?" Peter asks as he puts his hands out. Meredith nods.

She walks over to her son and puts me in his arms. "Be gentle" she orders. "Hi Rexine" Peter says. "I'm your best friend." I couldn't help but smile.

I soon realized what this was. A memory. It was a little fuzzy in my head, but I remember it. The first time I met Peter. In fact, this was the first thing I remember.

A bright light hit. I squeezed my eyes shut.

When I opened them, my surroundings were different. I was in a little playroom. The place was surrounded by dollhouses, buckets and stacks of VHS tapes. In the middle, was a TV. There were buckets of all different colours. One was pink that appeared to hold Barbies. The other was blue and had a lot of boys stuff like Transformers, GI Joe, and Voltron. Another was yellow and had a lot of stuffed animals. The last was blue again and was filled to the brain with race cars and tracks.