More People Try To Kill Us

We got back on the Milano so we could head to Xander and collect the bounty

We got back on the Milano so we could head to Xander and collect the bounty. We were all doing our own things as "Lake Shore Drive" by Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah played throughout the ship. Rocket was piloting, the kiddies were staring out the window, Peter was putting on a change of clothes, Gamora was locking up Nebula and Drax, well not entirely sure. I just went to take a shower. My showers are normally quick so it took only about ten minutes.

After my shower, I slipped on a pink tank top, leather pants and black boots and put on a bit of makeup.

I walked over to me and Rocket's little "bomb making" corner. I stared at the explosive him and I began a day or two ago. I wanted to confront Rocket about the batteries. Especially for not telling me about them. So I got up and walked into the cockpit.

"What did you steal?" I ask. Rocket briefly turned his head. I walked further out. "What are you talking about babe?" he asked. I folded my arms across my chest. "I know you. If you find something you want, you take it. Or if someone pisses you off, you take from them" I say. "Maybe I stole something-" "Yeah, like the Anulax batteries?" I ask.

Rocket froze. I smirk. "Women always find out" I say. My smirk fades as I kneel down beside him. "We're partners, we steal together" I remind him. "Exactly!" he shouts. "You didn't want me stealing them, wouldn't you have stolen the batteries after the way that Hight Priestess talked down to you?" he asked. "I've stolen lots! It's the fact that you didn't tell me and you told Drax of all people!" I snap. "Oh like you haven't told Quill your little secret have you?" He asks.

"Tell me what secret?"

I turn around and see Peter walking to sis seat and buckling himself up and Drax fallows. I look at Rocket. He motions me to Peter. I sigh. "Peter-"

A baling alarm interrupts me. "This is weird. We've got a Sovereign fleet approaching from the rear" Peter points out. Oh shit. "Why would they do that?" Gamora asks as she sits down.

Groot climbed onto Rocket's chair. I picked up Amulet and handed her to Drax and I held Amulet.

"Probably because Rocket stole some of their batteries" Drax replies. I death stare Rocket. "Dude!" Rocket demands as he turns his head. "Right. He didn't steal some of those. I don't know why they're after us. What a mystery this is" Drax lies.

I smirk. "That's why you don't tell Drax."

Something shoots across the nose of the ship. Peter turns us away, making sharp turns and spinning.

"What were you thinking?" Peter demanded. "Dude, they were really easy to steal!" Rocket yells. "That's your defence?" Gamora asks. "Come on! You saw how that High Priestess talked down to us. Now I'm teaching her a lesson!" Rocket harshly replies.

"Oh, I didn't realize your motivation was altruism. It's really a shame the Sovereign have mistaken your intentions...and they're trying to kill us" Peter says sarcastically.