Questions and Answers

I walked out to the golden stairs

I walked out to the golden stairs. I saw Mantis and Drax on the top step. But there was someone on the lower steps. Jessica. Part of me didn't want to bother her, but there was so much I wanted to know.

I walked down the stairs and sat down beside Jessica. "Can I talk to you?" I ask. She turns her head to look at me. "Look, I know about you and Peter being my parents" She admits. The tension in my shoulders was gone.

"How do you-"

"Ego told me. He was good friends with your mother. Plus he gave me a blood test when he found me" Jessica says. That didn't really answer my question. But I didn't want to be annoying.

Soon, Jessica's tone of voice enhanced to anger. "But you think you can abandon me after all these years and now just show up and expect a relationship?!" She demanded. She scoffed. "I hate you!"

Yes, those words did break my heart, but I will admit, she has a point. I did leave her for thirteen years and now I just want a relationship. "Hell, my dad didn't even know I existed" she mumbled.

"How did Ego find you?" I ask. She takes a deep breath. "On earth, everyone thought I was a freak. I was able to use my powers to hide my markings but that didn't do jack shit. One day, something attacked. I was able to save my town, but at the coast of my adoptive parents. Ego heard about me and knew I had to be a Celestial but knew that I wasn't his and Meredith's child. So, he took me under his wing" she explains.

I began to feel my stomach drop. I was just feeling terrible. Because I gave Jessica up, that coast the loss of her adoptive parents. She's just as broken as I am.

"So you and dad had more kids?" Jessica asked. I shook my head. "He got married to Gamora and had Gale and Amulet" I inform. "What?" She snapped. "I made a mistake of falling for Peter!" I insist. "You've made a lot of mistakes!" She snaps as she stands up. "One of them was me!"

As she ran up the stairs, I overheard Mantis. "Drax? There is something I must tell you." Before Mantis could say anything, Gamora opened the door, holding the twins in her arms. Jessica ran through it, slamming it shut, like a typical teenager.

I walked further up the stairs. "What's wrong with her?" Gamora asks. "Just fed up" I reply, slightly angered.

"What's going on?" Gamora asks. "This gross bug lady is my new friend" Drax says, gesturing to Mantis, sitting beside him. "I'm learning many things, like I'm a pet and ugly" Mantis adds. I made a face of confusion. "You're not ugly. Drax!" Gamora insists. "What are you talking about?" asks Drax, as he gestures to Mantis a second time.

I sigh. "Mantis...can you show us where we'll be staying?" Gamora asks.

(Time Jump)

We were walking through the fields. The sun was setting. Mantis was leading us to where we were going to stay. I held Gale in my arms while Gamora held Amulet.