The High Priestess of Bitches

"We thank you, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line" the High Priestess Ayesha began

"We thank you, Guardians, for putting your lives on the line" the High Priestess Ayesha began. We glanced up at the golden priestess who sat on a giant gold throne and keeping her in place, is an extravagant head piece. And by extravagant, I mean ridiculous.

I began to crack up. Ayesha slightly turned her head to me. "What?" she demanded. "Nothing" I say, trying to hold my laughter in. She ignored me and continued her thanks.

"We could not risk the lives of our own Sovereign citizens" she continued. "Every citizen is born exactly as designed by the community. Impeccable, both physically and mentally. We control the DNA of our progeny, germinating them in birthing pods" She explained.

Well how unnecessary I thought. Hey, I heard not to make fun out of these people. Although, it is kinda challenging.

"I guess I prefer to make people the old-fashioned way" Peter says as he smirks at Gamora. I roll my eyes. If only I could build up some freaking courage.

"Perhaps someday, you could give me a history lesson...in the archaic ways of our ancestors. For academic purposes" Ayesha decided. "Yeah, 'Academic purposes'" I mock. Knowing Peter. Ayesha turned her head once again. "Are you offending me?" She asked. "No, I would never dare, High Priestess" I say as I bow.

"What she means to say is" Peter says, saving me. "I would be honoured, yes. In the name of research...I think that could be pretty, uh...repulsive.I'm not into that kind of casual..." Peter began rambling at this point, so Gamora did the reasonable thing. Interrupt him. "Oh, please" she interrupted.

She walked up to Ayesha. "Your people promised something in exchange for our services. Bring it...and we shall gladly be on our way" Gamora ordered.

Ayesha gave a little hand motion. Two of her men walked in, holding a hooded figure. They brought the figure to the ground and took the hood off. It was Gamora's crazy cyborg sister that lengthily insulted Gamora and tried to object her's and Peter's wedding. Nebula, I think was her name. She and Gamora just exchanged death stares.

"Family reunion. Yay" Peter said, trying to lighten the mood.

"I understand she is your sister?" Ayesha asked. "She's worth no more to me than the bounty due for her on Xandar" Gamora said, grabbing her sister by the arm.

Ayesha stood from her throne(getting rid of that ridiculous headpiece). "Our soldiers apprehended her attempting to steal the batteries. Do with her as you please" Ayesha decided. Gamora motions her out of the place as Nebula grunts.

Peter does a slight bow. "We thank you, High Priestess Ayesha" he says as he attempts to walk away. "What is your heritage, Mr. Quill?" Ayesha asked, stopping Peter from leaving. He turned back to face the High Priestess. "My mother is from Earth" he replied. "And your father?" she asked. "He ain't from Missouri. That's all I know" he replied.

"I see it within you. An unorthodox genealogy. A hybrid that seems particularly...reckless" she offends.

My blood slightly boils. Peter is my best friend and she has not right to talk about my best friend like that.

"Oh, so you can offend us, but we can't offend you?!" I demand, slightly stepping in front of Peter. "You dare, you ignorant girl?" She demanded. "I'll show you ignorant" I say, beginning to waltz up to her. Peter grabs my arm, pulling me away. Ayesha soon changed the subject.

"What is that in your forehead?" She asked. I touched the fuchsia Infinity Stone in my forehead. "This?" I ask. She nodded. "Something my mother gave me" I reply. "Who is she?" Ayesha asked. "I know that she was one of the creators of the Infinity Stones" I reply. "So is she just as arrogant as you?" Ayesha asked. My blood began to build heavily.

"You know, they told me you people were conceited douchebags..." A voice chipped in. I turn my head. Rocket. The one and only to save my ass. "But that isn't true at all." He then winks at me. I smirk and turn back to face Ayesha.

The rest of the Sovereign gasp and one even points a gun at him. Peter just stares at Rocket in shock. "Oh, shit. I'm using my wrong eye again aren't I?" he asks. I nod slowly. "Thanks anyway" I say. We start walking away. "I'm sorry. That was meant to be behind your back" Rocket says as Drax picks him up and to fallow us.

All of a sudden, I see a slight glowing light. Drax started laughing and Rocket had his finger to his lip, motioning him to shh. Shit. He stole the fucking batteries didn't he? And he didn't tell me but he told Drax instead. Well, he's going to have a severe talking to when we get home.

Hey Raccoons Leia here. WHAT? two chapter in one day? LE GASP! Yeah, I'm surprised too. But it just makes it go by faster. Plus so far, like every other Call Me Rex book, it is quite fun to write. I am hopping to update tomorrow and finish this book before school starts for me.

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment, share, fallow and check out my other books if you have to done so already and I will see y'all in the next chapter.

Luv leiakatniss21