What a Twist

Peter and I were sitting on the couch, listening to our Walkmans and playing with Gale and Amulet

Peter and I were sitting on the couch, listening to our Walkmans and playing with Gale and Amulet. I couldn't hear anything as I blared ACDC through my ears. My dad, Davin, and I were big ACDC fans back in the day and it still is my favourite band. Even though as a kid, I never understood what they were saying or what their songs were about. Most of their songs I have on my two tapes. Man how I always wanted Highway to Hell to play at my funeral. 

Soon, a framillier figure walked into the room. Jessica. Peter tapped me on the shoulder, which in our language normally meant for me to take off my headphones and turn off my Walkman. Therefore, I do so. 

"What do you want?" She demanded. "I wanted to talk" Peter begins. "You what?" I demanded. I pulled him off the couch and onto the balcony. "I told you, she won't listen" I say as I put a lock of hair behind my ear. "Yeah well, I told you that I was going to try to talk some sense into her" I replies. I shoot him a death stare. But I then take a deep breath. I raise my head and force a smile. "Fine, we'll talk to her" I decide. 

We walk back towards the couch and sit down. Jessica sits down in front of us. "We're gonna do take two now, with dad" Peter said as he gestured to himself on that last two lines. "So, what is pissing you off about us?" He asked as he folded his hands. 

Jessica's face steamed. "Everything!" She shouts. "You abandon me and I haven't seen any of you my whole life! Now you just come back and expect a relationship!" "You have to understand that we had our reasons!" I remind her. "I was seventeen. I couldn't take care of you but I still wanted to keep you safe!" 

"Oh yeah?" She asks. She points to Peter. "What's your reason?" She asks. "Well, Rex escaped before I could find out" he replied. Jessica burst out laughing. "See what I mean?" She asked. "My father never knew I existed and my mother just makes up some bullshit excuse!" She scoffed. "I am just a mistake aren't I?" She asks, placing her hands on her hips. "You aren't a mistake" I assure her. "Oh yeah, you're supposed to say that!" She snaps. "Ego is the only who meant it."

I started thinking. As much as I didn't want to believe it, She was right. I now wanted a relationship with a daughter I barley know and one I never even wanted to know. Peter and I were immature and made a baby when neither of us could raise it. Now we know that Jessica is powerful needs protection and she won't let us anyway near her. Wow, this is the most I have ever fucked up. 

"Jess" I began. "Fuck this shit" Jessica snapped. She then turn around and stormed away. 

"I wan fuc shit too!" The twins exclaimed. I burst out laughing. Peter's expression changed to surprise. "Gale, Amulet, don't ever repeat those words, especially around Mommy" Peter warns. "Okie Dokie!" They exclaim.  "Speaking of Mommy, where is Gamora?" I ask, standing up. 

"She stormed off a while ago" Peter replied. "Why's that?" "She thinks that there's something off about this planet, which there isn't. She's just paranoid" Peter answers. "Maybe, you never know" I say. "So my best friend is now taking her side?" He demanded. "No, and even if there is, I would never want to ruin this for you! What if my mom found me and brought me to her home world? Would you try to ruin that for me?" I ask. "I guess not" Peter replied.

I grabbed my Walkman began to walk away. "Where are you going?" Peter asked. "I'm going to need some time alone" I reply. I run away. 

I run out of the palace and into the beautiful sunset. It was getting pretty dark. I was considering going back in, but I really needed some time. I sat down and turned on my Walkmen and put my headphones on. The last ACDC song I was listening to had finished up. So the next song began. "Southern Nights" by Glen Campbell began playing. I started thinking of Rocket when this song started playing. Rocket really likes this song and so do I. Whenever we're alone, we tend to play it. We still deme it our favourite. So of course, I couldn't help but sing along. But I did it quietly. 

I got up and just started giving it my all. Singing(still kinda quietly)and dancing. I haven't had this much fun in a while. Storing that in my favourite memories folder. 

But when the song ended, so did my fun. I heard a crash. I turned off my Walkman and placed my headphones on my neck. I grabbed my katana and ran towards the noise. 

It lead me to a cave. In that cave, all I saw was fire and a ship that looked like a Ravager ship and two figures on the ground together. I got the electricity on my katana ready. I used the electricity as light. I walked closer. I shone my katana in front of the figures. Gamora and Nebula.  Gamora punched me. 

"What the hell?" I demanded. "You scared me" she replied as she and her sister stood up. 

 I stared at Nebula. "What's Smurfette doing here?" I ask as I gesture to Nebula. "You're supposed to be with Rocket and Groot" I remind her. "Trying to kill me" Gamora pitched in. I death stared Nebula. "Long story" she said. "Where's Rocket and Groot" I ask. "With the Ravagers" she replies. I raise my sword but she kicks me in my gut. "Are they hurt?" I demand. "Taserface will probably kill them" She replies. 

On one hand, I wanted to punch something. My husband and companion were going to be killed by Ravagers. But on the other hand, I wanted to laugh my ass off at the stupid name. Who the hell decided on the name Taserface? 

"Let's just get out of here before anyone ends up dead" Gamora decides. We started walking out of the cave. As we turned a corner, we saw a bright blue light. "What is that?" Gamora asks. "Not sure" I mumble. We walk closer to it. 

As we walk into another cave, the light gets fainter. My stomach sank. I was getting afraid of what could be in that cave. But we just continued walking. We finally got to the cave. Right when we got to the cave, my stomach dropped. "Oh my god" I muttered. Gamora's eyes widened. Nebula, well I couldn't really tell. 

The cave was filled with bones and skulls. What was Ego hiding? Who are these people?Did Jessica or Mantis know about this? Is this what Mantis going to tell Drax about? If so, why would she tell Drax and not Peter? Questions flooded my brain. I felt like I was going to be sick. 

Hey Raccoons Leia here. I'M BACK! Bet y'all missed me eh? Nope? Well that hurts me. 

Anyway, this chapter is a little late. I got back yesterday instead of today. But I didn't have a whole lot of time to update. I might be nice and give you guys a second update later but we'll see. 

Don't forget to vote, comment, share, fallow me, check out my other books if you have not done so already and I will see y'all in the next chapter! 

Peace Raccoons! Luv leiakatniss21