|10|

The final bell rang and Jared waited by the parking lot for you.
Evan had asked to hang out with Jared after school, and as much as he wanted to, he wouldn't be caught dead admitting to that. Jared felt kind of bad because Evan was very clearly disappointed, despite him muttering "it's fine." You finally showed up and pointed two finger guns at Jared. "Well well well, if it isn't Mr. Kleinman."
"The one and only."
"So how's it han-" You were cut off by a car horn going off, making both of you nearly jump out of my skin. Jared turned around to where the sound came from, fully prepared to flipped a fucker off, only to see Connor's car. Jared muttered a quiet "fuck my life" hoping that you hadn't heard me. "Hey nerds, need a ride?" Jared was about to object and tell Connor to fuck off, but you had to open your big mouth and accept the ride. Jared rolled his eyes before being dragged over to the car by you, and you were about to climb into the back seat with Jared when Connor cleared his throat awkwardly. "Hey, you can uh sit in the front with me if you want to." Jared sighed, accepting the fact that you were going to leave him in the back, only to be surprised when you rejected. "Nah, I'll be fine in the back." A triumphant smile crawled onto Jared's face as you scooted into the seat beside him. "So Connor, how does it feel to actually have people tolerate you?" Jared chuckled to himself and Connor ignored his question. His grip seemed to tighten in the steering wheel. "Oh come on Con man, lighten up a little."
"If you call me "Con Man" again, I'll shove a stick so far up your ass you'll be shitting wood chips for a month."
"Whatever you say, freak show." It only just occurred to Jared that you hadn't said a word this whole time. He looked over at you to see that you had your ear buds in. Jared silently thanked our lord and savior, Beyonce, that you weren't listening.
Mr. Angsty Teen eventually pulled onto your street. "Hey Rooty Tooty Point 'n Shooty, mind stopping by my place, I need to grab something." There was silence for a solid 10 seconds before a low sigh was heard. "Yeah sure, which house is yours?" Jared raised his eyebrows in surprise. The Connor Murphy just accepted a favor from him of all people! No argument, no angry or offended remarks, nothing! Who the hell was this kid and what did he do with Connor Murphy?
He sat in stunned silence before Connor groaned. "Kleinman, do you want me to stop at your house or not?"
"Oh uh, yeah! I was just wondering if it's really a good idea to let Mr. School Shooter know where I live."
"Whatever, just tell me where you live." What the hell?! He didn't even flip out over an insult?! Jared quietly sighed before giving up and motioning his arm vaguely in the direction of hid house. "It's the white one with the dirt driveway." He noticed Connor give a small nod before pulling into his driveway. "I'm giving your five minutes to go in, get your stuff, and come back. If you take too long I'm leaving." I nodded and saw that you were finally taking out her headphones with a slight look of confusion on her face, but she only said, "Yo, fuckface, you getting your stuff?"
"Yup. I'll be back before you know it M'Lady." He tipped a non-existent fedora, earning a chuckle and an eye roll from you before he slammed the door and ran into his house before coming back out shortly with an overnight bag of clothes. He saw you and Connor laughing and talking in the car as he walked over, making anxiety hit him like a truck. What if they're talking about me? Why did she wait until I was out of the car to talk to Connor? Why didn't she talk to me? Is Connor replacing me as her best friend? What if she only invited over out of pity. Jared had to fake his pride once again once he reached the car. He climbed into the seat beside you and finger gunned you and Connor. "WHAT IS UP MY CrAnKy CrEw?!" He honestly felt better when you responded with, "IT'S ETHAN FROM CRANKGAMEPLAYS AND TODAY WE'RE PLAYING LIFE IS STRANGE!" Yep. You were still his #1 loser. Jared was surprised to see Connor actually crack a smile and laugh a little. Normally he would've said something like "Connor, I didn't know you could smile!" but he most likely would've been punched by either you or Connor.
Connor started the car and drove the little ways down the road to your house, stopping in front of it. "See ya around you fucking nerds." Jared affectionately flipped him off and you hugged the lanky teen quickly before climbing out of the car with Jared. It honestly didn't bother him much that you were showing affection towards Connor, seeing as you were a very affectionate, clingy person. He couldn't exactly blame you for that, looking at your current situation, but that's besides the point.
You both hurried to the door, where Dexter immediately jumped onto Jared's chest. "Here comes dat good boi!" He ruffled the dogs fur and he jumped off of him before walking in a circle a couple times and sitting on the ground. You crouched down and pet the dog, calling him a good boy and kissing his head quickly. "Aight mah dude, to the bedroom!" Jared smiled and followed you upstairs and into the room, flopping down onto the familiar bed.
Time to get this sleepover shit on!