|1|

September 1st, 2017- here we are, first day of senior year.
Your stomach twisted in dread as your alarm goes off. You really weren't looking forward to your first day of 12th grade, but you reluctantly threw the covers off your body and got out of bed. You quickly did your morning routine and rushed down the stairs to walk to school.
You put in your earbuds and started walking down the street with your hands in your pockets. The service near where you lived was crappy and the music kept stopping, so you eventually gave up and shoved your headphones into the pocket of your sweater. You let out an exasperated sigh.
You heard footsteps behind you, but before you could look back you felt an arm wrap around your neck, which made you jump in surprise. You calmed down once you realized who it was and you sarcastically yelled, "IT'S THE INSANELY COOL, JARED KLEINMAN!"
"The one and only"
"So what'd you do over the summer?" Jared smirked, as if he was waiting for a chance to talk about his summer. "Well, since you asked, my bunk dominated in capture the flag and I got to third base with this girl from Israel who's going to be in the army or something." His story seemed as though it was rehearsed, and like nearly everything Jared says or does, it was. His story also seemed at least a little fake, and once again, it was. "Jared, for starters, there is no way a girl with any self respect would let you touch her in any shape or form, secondly, you like dudes." He punched you in the arm after your second statement. "You don't need to be saying that stuff out loud y'know." You rolled your eyes, but had a smile on your face. "Whatever, also, if you're planning on telling that story to anyone else, you need to make it sound a little more believable."

"Was it really that obvious?"
"Yeah. Anyway, if you wanna make it seem more real, say something like "second-base-below-the-bra."
"What does that even mean?"

"I don't know, probably nothing, but nobody else will know what it means either, but it'll sound impressive, but not too impressive."

"You know, you're a goddamn lifesaver sometimes."
"I know."
 You kept talking like the sarcastic assholes you were until you got to school. "Bye, Jared"

"See ya L/n" You flipped each other off before splitting up to go to homeroom.

You took a seat in the back of the class and started doodling in your notebook.

Most of the seats were taken at this point and you were relieved that nobody sat with you. Your relief soon faded when a tall, scrawny boy with long dark brown hair sat right beside you and swung his bag over his chair. He didn't talk to you and he didn't look at you. He just groaned and put his head down on the table. You chose to just ignore his presence and continued doodling whatever the hell it is you were drawing in your notebook.The boy soon looked up so his head was now resting on top of his crossed arms and he peeked over at your notebook in curiosity. "Hey, nice drawing" You looked at him with a surprised look on your face. "Um, thanks?"

"What's with the face?"

"Er, sorry, I was just surprised. I wasn't expecting you to talk to me" He stood up quickly and had a pissed off look on his face. "Why not? What, are you too good to talk to me?!" Your stomach knotted in fear at his sudden shift in mood. The boy calmed down when he saw that he was scaring you and sat back down. He ran his fingers through his long hair and sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, I've just got a lot of shit going on" Your anxious face turned into a sympathetic one. "It's fine, I've had people do worse" An amused smirk appeared in his face. "Really? Like what?"

"Well, I didn't have an extra pencil to give someone and he tried to stab me"

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST" You laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of your neck "Yeah, told ya I've seen worse" There was a pretty long pause before you decided to say something else. "I'm Y/n, by the way"

"Connor." A smile appeared on your face. He wasn't nearly as intimidating as you thought he was.  You and Connor talked for a while about bands, YouTubers, and other crap until the teacher came in to take attendance. It was the first day, so everyone was here today. The bell rang shortly after the teacher finished the attendance and everyone left the classroom.

"So Connor, what do you have for block 1?"

"French. You?"

"Also French"
Connor smiled faintly and put his hands in his pockets "So... do you want to walk with me?"

"Sure. Let's​ go." His smile became a little more obvious and the two of you walk to French together.

(Hey, so this is for a couple of my friends and I'm also sorry that this is crappy. I'll update asap)