|4|

Okay, first day of school could've gone better, but all and all it wasn't too heinous. Okay, maybe it was, but at least nobody died. Maybe tomorrow would be better. Well, you'd just have to wait and see, but for now, you were waiting for Jared and Evan to get to your place. You ran upstairs quickly, tossing a small, plastic bag into your nightstand before your friends showed up.
As if on cue, your doorbell rang repeatedly to the point where it was obnoxious. That meant Jared was at the door. You jumped down the stairs and got to the front door to see everyone's favorite asshole waiting outside. You swung the door open and glared at Jared for ringing the doorbell so many times.  "You know, you could've just walked in."
"Oh I know but, I like seeing how pissed you get after hearing me press the buzzer a million times." You groaned and punched Jared in the arm-- to which he responded by pretending to be offended.  "Ow! Jesus Christ Y/n, you're a lot stronger than you look ya know."
"Oh calm your tits Kleinman, don't act like this is the first time I've punched you." You can both laughed and started walking to the living room, where you both flopped down onto the couch. "Yeah yeah, you've got me there my angry little friend, but in all seriousness, did you talk to Connor yet?"
"Yep."
"Okay and what happened? Did he threaten to kill you, sell you into slavery, anything like that?"
"No, good god what is going on in your head man?"
"A lot of fucked up things you don't need to hear."
"I can tell. Anyway, after a lot of fighting, we talked and I told him that I want to try to help him and be there for him." Jared looked like he just heard someone took away his car insurance. So basically a mixture of shock, fear, and anger. "What do you mean by fighting?"
"Just like, a lot of yelling and arguing, why?"
"What did he say?"
"Nothing important, that's not the point anyway."
"Whatever you say, at least he didn't knock your teeth out or something."
You rolled your eyes. "I don't know why you're annoyed, you wanted me to talk to him."
"I mean, to be fair, you don't usually do anything that I suggest."
"That's true, but for once you had a decent idea."
"I always have great ideas, but I don't really know why you care so much about this dude."
"I don't know, I guess I kinda understand how he might be feeling right now..."
"What do you mean by--" Jared was cut of by the doorbell. That must be Evan. I sighed and answered the door with a small smile on my face and let Evan inside. "Welcome to my home my fellow anxious teen!" I did little jazz hands and Evan laughed a little. "Uh, thanks."
"No prob Bob. Now follow me to the living room!" He smiled and followed me. He gave a little wave to Jared-- who seemed baffled by my sudden change in mood. Little did the bath bomb boy know, my attitude was slightly faked-- I say slightly because I was genuinely happier that Evan was here now.  "Hey uh, Evan, I know what happened with Connor today."
"Oh jeez, I uh, I really hope you didn't talk to him about it. I mean, if you did I'm grateful, I just--" Jared rolled his eyes and cut him off. "Evan shut up." His mouth closed quickly and he looked at the floor while I glared daggers at Jared for a moment before turning back to Evan. "Hey, don't worry about a thing. I can promise you, tomorrow will be a lot better."
"yeah, I guess..." I decided to wait to tell him my plan with Connor. Right now I just wanted to unwind from a long day with my two friends. "Hey Evan, I noticed Connor signed your cast."
"Oh, um, yeah he did. It was kind of weird."
"Well, do you have a marker? I wanna sign it too."
"Y-yeah, hold on." He pulled a sharpie out of his pocket and handed it to me. I looked at the cast, wondering how I was going to fit my name. I eventually pulled his arm over to me and I wrote my name in small letters above the large CONNOR written across the cast. I smiled contently and looked over at Jared. "Yo, ass hat, do you wanna sign it?" I know that he told Evan they were just "family friends" but I knew that was bullshit. Even though Jared won't say it, he does care about Evan. I looked at him with pleading eyes until he took the sharpie from me. "Fine, but cast signing is pretty fucking stupid." Neither Evan or I said anything, we just waited for Jared to finish writing his name. He was done pretty quickly and he had a smug grin on his face. Oh god.
I looked at the cast and Evan groaned in annoyance. Right beside Jared's signature, there was a tiny dick drawn. Pretty stupid, but I can't lie, it did get a good chuckle out of me.
Evan looked worried about the immature drawing. Probably thinking his mom would be upset about it. "Hey, Ev, relax. Jared just wanted us to see the actual length of his dick." Evan snorted from trying to hold back a chuckle and his face was a little bit pink. Oh jeez, I didn't think it was that funny.
While Evan was snickering, Jared gave me a death glare and flipped me the bird. Of course, the only accurate way to respond was to make a heart with my hands and wink.
Now he had a stupid grin on his face and we were all smiling and giggling like a bunch of little kids.
I wish things would stay like this forever.