|2|

French class ended and you were disappointed that you and Connor didn't have the next class together. Fortunately, the insanely insecure Jared Kleinman™ was in your history class. And wouldn't you know, the bath bomb eating child was sitting in the back of the class when you walked in. You pulled out the chair beside him and sat down.  "How's my favorite bitch doing?"
"Better and bitchier than ever. Dude, you missed it this morning; Connor Murphy, you know, the school shooter kid, he got pissed and shoved our beloved Evan in the hallway."
Your stomach twisted when he said that. You and Connor had just been laughing together and talking about life and other stuff. "What did Evan do to get pushed?"
"That's the funny part. He didn't do anything, Connor just freaked the fuck out over nothing. He's such a fucking spaz." You started thinking that maybe talking to Connor wasn't really such a good idea. Evan would never do anything to purposely upset him.
Jared saw that you were upset so he stopped dicking around and gave you a sympathetic look. "Hey, don't worry about it. Evan's fine and so is his arm."
"Why wouldn't Evan's arm be okay?"
"Oh yeah, you haven't seen him yet. Apparently he fell out of a tree this summer and broke his arm."
"Oh my god, is he okay?!"
"He's fine, but who the hell falls out if a tree?" He laughed and so did you, but yours was uncomfortable and forced. "Heh, yeah..." He frowned again and opened his mouth to say something, but was cut of by Mr. Price coughing loudly, making you both turn your heads toward the board. "Kleinman, please stop distracting my students and face the front." Jared rolled his eyes and sarcastically said, "Yes sir." The teacher glared at him and turned on the projector to show the class the notes for today. You whispered an apology to your friend for getting him yelled at but he didn't seem to mind too much.
Mr. Price didn't seem to be paying much attention to the two of you so Jared pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled something down before sliding it over to you.
'what's wrong?'
You sighed quietly and wrote your response.
'It's about Connor'
Jared had a confused look on his face and wrote something down quickly
'did he hurt you?'
Instead of writing you looked at your friend and shook your head 'no'
He was clearly confused about what the problem was so you took the paper once again and wrote:
'Let's talk after class'
Jared nodded in agreement and you both faced the bored to take your notes.

•°•°•°•°•°•

The bell rang and everyone got out of their seats and hurried out of the classroom. You and Jared went to the out of order bathroom down the hall. Once you wer both in you shut the door and slid down to the floor, running our fingers through your hair.
You looked up to see Jared crossing his arms trying not to show how worried he was about you. He was failing. "So, what's the deal with the crack-head?" You rolled your eyes at your friend.
"He's not a crack-head you know."
"Oh, my bad. Is edgy stoner better?" A groan escaped your mouth and Jared's smug expression changed to an apologetic one. "Sorry... So, what did Connor do to you?"
"He didn't do anything to me."
"Then why are you upset about him?" You pushed a stray hair out of your face and explained how well you were getting along with him earlier that morning. Once you were finished Jared was still confused about the problem. "I don't know why you're upset. Connor Murphy treated you like an actual human being? Honestly, you might be the chosen one or something."
"Jared, I'm upset because he lashed out at Evan for pretty much nothing."
"Just talk to him about it. Connor seems like a very reasonable person if you ask me." The sarcasm in his voice was extremely obvious and you were glaring daggers at him before breathing in deeply. "Please Jared, I'm being serious. I think Connor could be a really good friend, but what if he hurts someone again?" Jared sat beside you on the bathroom floor and you rested your head on his shoulder. "Look, in all seriousness, you should talk to him. If he didn't murder you earlier then maybe he actually wants to be friends with you."
"I guess..."
"But if that Murphy kid puts his hands on you then we're gonna have ourselves a real problem." You moved your head away from him and tried to look annoyed but you had a stupid smile on your face. "Pft, dude I can handle myself."
"No you can't."
"Yes I c-"
"No. Trust me you can't."
"Whatever dude." You both sighed and you put your head back on his shoulder.
Just talk to him.