Wild smiles and lies ( final part 1 )

Start from the beginning

"I worked to pay for treatment. I only called my dad hoping he would give me the money that was left for me from mom to pay for the treatment Instead of staying longer to pay for the treatment. He told me he used it and that i should die for what I've done..." he breaks down in tears for a couple minutes and once he was done he continues.

"I asked him not to tell you that I was sick and to give you my new number when he sees you, and when i never got a call i just figured you had forgotten about me. I had no idea he said any of that to you and I never wanted to not tell you what was happening. I was planning on telling you everything once I had my treatment and was better, but it took a lot longer to earn the money for the treatment...and didn't work until the second time I did it." he pauses for a moment and looks to the other side of the yard, careful not to make eye contact.

I walk to his chair and bend down to his face. carefully I place my hand on his cheeks and wipe away the tears away.

he looks up at me and his hands meet my cheeks as he wipes away my tears as well.

"You know your not at fault for what happened, he is."

I hold his face in my hands and he holds mine in his.

"I'm just glad your back and safe i missed you." i say as i pull him into a hug.

"I'm sorry for not telling you as soon as i saw you last time we met, i just wanted our first time seeing each other again to be a happy one." He says giving me a sympathetic smile.

"I understand." I say giving him a small nod.

I watch him as he finally takes in the surroundings of the backyard. He tips his head to the sky and takes a deep breath enjoying the fresh air.

"Wanna go on an adventure like when we were younger?" He says looking at me with a wild smile.

I nod and he pulls me through the house , out the front door and into his little run down car

~ time skip ~

"No freaking way?!" I say sarcastically in my best pubescent billy voice and we both burst out into a laughing fit on the swings.
We are at the park in our old neighborhood and hour away from my current house in talking about what we've been up to in our time spent apart .

"Seriously though he threw up all over the café and I spent the rest of my night cleaning the walls, floors and ceiling. I had no clue you could even reach that high!" He tells me with a smile.

"Must be his super power." I say with a straight face.

It takes billy a moment to clue in what I'm talking about but when he does he smiles

"I almost forgot we used to go around giving people fake super powers!"

"Calling some of them like being able to projectile vomit to the ceiling in a café fake is questionable, seems like a true super power to me." I say jokingly and we both laugh.