"Are you two ready to order?" our waitress came over and we nodded, I went first and after Aiden ordered food he ordered some kind of wine that he obviously knew of, we gave her our ID's to check and she came back with water and I wasn't sure what to do now as we waited for our food.

What should we talk about? I knew this agreement was friends with benefits, but we did more benefitting than the talking and being friends' thing, so I wasn't sure where to start.

"How are you liking the city?" he asked before taking a sip of water

"It's busy but I love it here. I wish I had more time to do things, but I haven't met many friends over here and I've been working so much lately."

"I get what you mean, by the time I'm done with classes or the hospital I'm too tired to go out, I just want to be home."

"Well back to work tomorrow." I sighed and he nodded and gave me a heated look. He was expecting me to crack by now, before we went back to work and before this little weekend of ours was over but that wasn't happening.

I wasn't going to be the one to crack, he was. I was so determined but so was he.

"I wish I could take a week off. It all gets to be too much sometimes."

"It will get better." I tried to reassure him and he chuckled

"No, it only gets worse actually. When I hit my residency it's going to be insane hours at the hospital. I guess it's a good thing Emily left."

"What happened with that?" I dared to ask and he sighed "Sorry, you don't have to tell me." I felt bad for even asking.

"No it's fine. A lot happened. We were together so young and I thought she was the one. I proposed and she said yes. But then things got busy, we never saw each other and she would get angry about it all the time. She didn't realize what everything entailed of being my finance through this and when I came home one night she and Sarah's stuff were packed and they were gone."

"She left just like that?" I asked surprised

"Yeah." He sounded bitter and I couldn't blame him for that, I would be pissed off too.

"Did she give you an explanation?" I asked

"She left a note." He looked irritated as he remembered that time

"Sorry for asking." I mumbled

"It's fine. I just couldn't believe how childish she was about the whole thing and how heartless. She should have been honest with me about everything and instead she just leaves without a word, we were together eight years, and she left just like that." How could someone throw eight years away like that?

"Do you miss her?" I asked not quite sure if I wanted to know the answer to that. I sometimes forget that they were together so long, it was serious and I didn't know they had been engaged. He thought about it a minute and I seemed to be holding my breath waiting.

"I miss how we used to be back in high school or when we first started dating, but looking back it's a good thing she left. I know I'm still a little bitter but it's just in the way she left. I don't miss the lack of passion or the way we had gotten to be." I released that breath and I don't know why I felt so relieved.

Other than being friends and wanting to be a good one, I shouldn't care about how he feels about her still. It's not like we could be anything more than what we are. If we were to, it wouldn't be a good or stable relationship.

A good relationship isn't built off of sex which is why I can keep those needs satisfied while I date and see if it can go anywhere with anyone else though I haven't actually gone on a date yet.