chapter 17

Kyler grabbed her small waist, his hands covering her flat sides. His lips met hers, and she closed her eyes, trying to fight back any urge she had to cry. He pulled away and let his lips linger at her ear, "You're mine now." He whispered so no one would hear.

He pulled away and gripped her hand, a huge grin on his face. Everyone stood and clapped as they made their way down the aisle. She locked eyes with Draco, and he just turned away. She looked down and a small tear fell out of her eye.

The reception was a blur, she wasn't paying attention, and she struggled to look happy. "May I dance with you?" She heard a voice behind her say. Her heart hit her chest hard as she recognized the voice. She took Draco's hand and slowly stood as he led her to the dance floor, no one thought anything of it since most everyone had danced with her.

His touch was soft as her grabbed her hand and placed his huge hand on her tiny waist and he pulled her towards his muscular body, now much bigger than hers. "You look like a wreck." He whispered in her ear, she kept quiet.

"You need to eat something, you don't look healthy." He whispered again, his breath leaving goosebumps on her skin. "You don't get to care about me, Draco." She snapped, she pulled away from him and looked into her eyes. "Why? Why didn't you do it? Why didn't you save me?" She said through a cracked voice, her eyes welling up with tears again.

He pulled her back to him, not able to look at her crying. "Tell me Draco." She said sternly, keeping her head on his shoulder. "Because I couldn't. I wish I could explain it but I couldn't do it." He whispered, his voice full of shame. "I'm going to get you out of this, I will."

She wiped her eyes, "Why Draco." He sighed and looked away, "Me and Pansy are getting married." He whispered softly. She stopped breathing, and her heart stopped. She pulled away, "What?" He shook his head, "It's not my idea, it's my dad's. But I promise I'll get out of it. Me and you, that's whats important."

She felt more tears roll down her cheeks. "Draco, I'm so sorry. I love you. I'm so sorry. For everything that happened. I didn't mean to kiss him, I want you Draco. I should be with you, but I'm not and I don't deserve you. I deserve every hit that Kyler gives me, I know that." She cried. It brought him back to her journal he had read, "Astoria.."

"May I cut in?" Astoria turned and spotted Kyler with a smirk. She wiped her eyes, there were to many people for Draco to make a scene. He glared at Kyler and shoved past him. Kyler gripped her waist and pulled her to him, his grip rough unlike Draco's soft hold.

"Why are you crying? Straighten up, damn you do a horrible job of making someone look good." He snapped in her ear, she nodded and placed her head in his shoulder so no one would see the look of fear in her eyes, or the tears.

After a few more hours of dancing, the reception was over, and they could walk to their carriage. Her eyes me Draco's as the rode off, he mouthed he loved her, and she gave him a weak smile, and Kyler gripped her arm hard.

As they were out of sight he leaned back and looked at his finger, "Mm, I love the feeling of knowing you're completely mine." He said with a chuckle. "Draco really screwed up, good thing I jumped to the opportunity before someone else could." She stared out of the carriage into the dimming light. "I hope you're ready for the honey moon." Kyler whispered in her ear, he was suddenly close to her and his hand was on her thigh. "And tonight." She kept her eyes away from him, fear rushing through her.

The carriage pulled in front of a large, expensive manor. Kyler climbed out and grabbed her hand, and helped her out of the carriage. "Welcome home, Mrs. Hopkins." He said and walked forward. If it wasn't for his hand pulling her, she wouldn't have been able to walk.