Love: It's Complicated {A Draco and Astoria Story} Chapter One.

{a lot of things are different. Astoria&daphne are in the same year..etc}

Chapter One:

"WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL!" Astoria had screamed in her parent's face, before running off to her room, slamming the door shut. She was panting, but not from running, from the anger inside of her. She absouletly could not STAND the thought of that foul, evil, little monster Draco. She looked over at her half-packed suitcase. She could wait till tomorrow when they get on the train to scream at Draco, but why create a scene? She ran over to her bed and grabbed the wand, with a loud cackling noise, she was gone.

Draco sat in a large armchair at Malfoy Manor, twirling his wand in his fingers. He had just gotten the news about his arranged marriage with Astoria. He was lost in thought about it. You see, Draco absoulutely despised Astoria, and she despised him. He figured this happened because an offer for money was made, probably from Astoria's family. I mean, who wouldn't want to marry him? Just then, a loud cackling noise had made him snap out of his thoughts, there in the middle of the living room, stood Astoria Greengrass, he smirked. He had never really looked at her, but he had admit, she had gotten better looking. She had long, curly blonde hair, and peircing blue eyes. She glared at him and placed her hands on her hips.

He smirked, looking her up and down, knowing it would bother her. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, crossing her arms self-consciously. "Draco, I know you have something to do with this, and you know exactly what I'm talking about." 

He sighed loudly, and stood up. "Look Astoria, I just found out myself. I don't know what it's about.. but we just have to deal with it."

She scoffed again, "Deal with it? No Draco, I'm sorry but I cannot just 'deal with it'. I am not, and I repeat, not getting married to you."

He shrugged, "There's no way out of it."

She glared at him, "I have my ways Draco Malfoy, You just wait and see." She heard a door slam, and turned quickly, then back to Draco, "We'll finish this conversation later." She waved her wand and disappeared.

The next day, Astoria tried not to think about Draco, and the way he looked. He had changed.. a lot over the summer. He looked really, really, good. She cursed herself for thinking that way. When it was getting close for them to leave, she made her way to her sister Daphne's room.

She knocked softly on the door. 

"Come in." Astoria heard a soft voice say, she opened the door and smiled when she saw her sister sitting on her bed, her suitcase beside her.

"Hey A, come sit." Daphne said, patting the spot on the bed next to her. Astoria made her way over and sat next to her sister, things were silent for a moment when Daphne spoke up "How are you doing?"

Astoria shut her eyes, forcing back tears. "Terrible, it isn't fair." She leaned her head on her sister's shoulder, and Daphne let her stay like that, rubbing her hair, trying to comfort her.

"I'm sorry.." Daphne said in almost a whisper. Astoria felt a tear run down her cheek then looked up at Daphne. "It's not because I despise him.. I mean, I would still be mad if it were someone else.. it's not just fair, how they think they have a right to tell me who to love, and who to marry. Its amazing arranged marriages are still legal. I'm not ready for this Daphne.. I'm only 16, I can't do this. I can't." Her eyes were burning and her throat scratched with every word she said. Daphne pulled her into a hug, and fell silent. It was quiet. You couldn't hear anything except the sobs coming from Astoria's throat.

Daphne finally took Astoria's head in her hands and lifted it up, staring at her in the eyes, it looked as if Daphne's eyes were also watering. "If I could take this from you I would Astoria, I would take it faster than anything.. but i can't. And I know you're tired of hearing me say sorry, but I truly am. I tried talking them out of it, I did, but they wouldn't listen. I love you Astoria, and I hate seeing you this way."