Love: It's Complicated {A Draco/Astoria Story} Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

Draco pulled away from Astoria, "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, I shouldn't have-" He stopped and bit his lip. Astoria felt a rush of sadness go through her, she shook her head, "Don't be." He opened his mouth to say something more, but she stood up, "I should go get cleaned off, see you later." With that, she rushed out to the bathroom, leaving him stunned.

--

The weekend was filled with awkward silences and staring from across the room. When Monday finally arrived, her busted lip was almost heeled, and her black eye had disappeared. She was walking to potions class when Kyler stepped in front of her. She sighed and looked up at him, raising a delicate eyebrow, "Yes?" He smirked, "Come on, I'm supposed to be your boyfriend, stop being that way." She rolled her eyes and tried to walk past him, but he moved and stood in front of her.

She glared up at him, "You said you were going to "act" like my boyfriend. That ended when you hit me. So move." He sighed and looked at her. "I don't want to act, I want it to be for real." She shifted her eyes away from him.

"Don't worry, I wont ever hurt you again, I promise." He grabbed her chin and lifted it up, she wasn't sure if he was trying to gain her trust or get her to fall for him, but his touch had suddenly become soft and gentle. She was confused, how can he go from douche to actually likable in two seconds?

He leaned down and kissed her cheek gently, then moved his hand to her cheek and leaned over and whispered in her ear, "I really am sorry. Very sorry for the way i've treated you. I can make it up to you, if you just give me a chance." She swallowed, not sure how she should feel.

Her eyes moved to inside the classroom, where Draco had his arm wrapped around Pansy, and she was talking to him, practically all over him. She looked up back up at Kyler, "You have one chance, don't screw it up."

--

At dinner, a group of owls had arrived to deliver letters, and one landed in front of Astoria. It was from her parents, they hardly ever wrote her or Daphne, so she opened it confusingly. She scanned the paper, feeling her heart stop and her hands shake uncontrollably. She felt tears welling in her eyes. 

"Tor, what's wrong?" Isabelle asked, a worried expression crossed her face. Astoria didn't answer, she stood up and marched over where Draco was sitting, and slammed the letter down in front of him. She stopped for probably half a second, and kept walking till she got out of the Great Hall.

Draco watched her leave, very confused. He picked up the letter, and read it to himself. He crumbled it up and threw it on the table, he stood up and followed Astoria out of the Great Hall.

Pansy watched them both leave, seeing the crumbled up paper on the table. She reached over and grabbed it, scanning the paper, she gasped then looked up. She looked around, then folded it up, sticking it in her robe, smirking to herself.

"Astoria, wait!" Draco yelled after Astoria once he got out of the great hall. She didn't answer him, she just kept walking. He stopped and ran his hands through his hair, then scuffed the ground with his shoe. He hated the way everything was turning out. He kissed Astoria, then apologized about it. Why had he apologized? He liked it, and wanted to kiss again. It took all he had not to grab her and kiss her every time he saw her. He had saw Kyler kiss her cheek and whisper something in her ear, no doubt apologizing to her. Draco knew it wasn't a real apology. 

Kyler didn't deserve Astoria. He glanced down the corridor and saw her standing with her arms crossed and her head down. He jogged over to her. She sniffed and wiped her eyes. He wasn't sure what to do, how to comfort her. "Astoria.." He started, "I'm fine." She said, a hint of anger in her voice. She finally raised her head, but didn't look at him, she kept it straight, looking at something off into the distance.

He hated seeing her cry, it made him feel like he was about to break. He raised his arm to put a comforting hand on her back, then moved it away, then closer, until finally he grabbed her and pulled her into a hug.

She wrapped her arms around him and started crying into his shoulder. He pulled her closer to him, and buried his face in her hair. It wouldn't only be happening to her, but him to. 

--

The common room was partially empty, Astoria sat curled up on the couch next to the fire. She was lost in thought staring at it. Draco was in an arm chair, he glanced over at her every few seconds. Kyler walked down the stairs from his room, and Draco rolled his eyes, he hated him. Everything about him. He sat next to Astoria, throwing his arm around her.

This didn't surprise Draco, but when Astoria moved to where she was leaning against him did. He felt his fist clench, and hid it as soon as it did. 

Daphne and Isabelle stumbled in the room, giggling. "Heeeey guuuysss" Isabelle said and Daphne laughed incontrollably. Astoria raised a delicate eyebrow, Daphne stumbled over to the couch and tried to sit down, but missed it completley and ended up hitting the floor. This caused everyone to start laughing. And isabelle was walking over to Astoria, but tripped over Daphne.

Astoria laughed and shook her head, "You guys are drunk!" Isabelle sat up and glared, "We are not!" Daphne giggled and nodded, "Yes we areeeee!" she slurred. Isabelle laughed and fell back down on her back.

Astoria brushed a piece of hair behind her ear with her left hand, catching Daphne's eye. She jumped up and grabbed her wrist, yanking it forward. "Ow! Daphne, that hurts!" Kyler removed his arm from around her. Daphne looked up at Astoria, something flashed in her eyes. "You don't have your Dark Mark." She said, slightly below a whisper.

{it's short, i know. sorry D:}