Love: It's Complicated {A Draco/Astoria Story} Chapter Five.

Chapter Five:

The week passed by slowly, until finally it was the night of the dance. The girls spent endless hours in the bathroom, smudging eyeliner and glossing their lips. Astoria only spent a few minutes in there, and then slowly made her way back to the dorm room. Everyone else was so happy today, except her. It felt like so much weight was crashing down on her all at once. She wasn't in the party mood.

She made her way into the commons room, and spotted Draco in an armchair. He was laughing with his friends, then looked up when the portrait opened. His laugh slowly faded when he saw her, she put her head down quickly and walked hurridly up into her room.

{astoria's dress: http://www.polyvore.com/donna_karan_one-shoulder_jersey_gown/thing?id=28052254}

She saw her dress layed out on her bed and dragged her feet over it. She ran her fingers over the soft, silver silk. It wasn't floor length, it came just above her knees with a slit in the front. It was one shoulder, and the material criss-crossed all down it.

{isabelle's dress: http://www.polyvore.com/catherine_malandrino_ruched_silk-jersey_halterneck/thing?id=27786149}

Time must have passed her by in the time she was walking to her room, because seconds later Isabelle walked in, putting in her earrings and stopped when she saw Astoria. "Tori! What the hell, you're not even dressed and you're hair isn't done!" Astoria groaned and fell back onto her bed. Isabelle walked over and hit her arm. "Issy!" Astoria laughed and sat up, leaning on her hands.

"Come on, we need to do your hair" Isabelle grabbed her arm and pulled her into a seat. Astoria rolled her eyes, knowing good and well she wouldn't win the fight. Astoria's hair was already curly, so not much needed to be done with it. Isabelle clipped it back with combs, and added some accessories onto Astoria. Astoria pulled her dress over her head and sighed. 

Isabelle linked arms with Astoria and they walked downstairs to the commons room. They were late, so hardly any people were in there. "There you are, I've only been waiting half an hour." Kyler said, glaring. Isabelle returned his glare, "Watch it Kyler." Kyler rolled his eyes and grabbed Astoria's hand. She gulped, what she had said to him yesterday was bluff. If he had hit her or done anything else to her, theres not way she'd have the guts to hurt him, and he knew it.

They finally made it to the ball room, Kyler held out his elbow and she sighed softly, taking it. "Look happy, make me look good tonight." Kyler said stubbornly. "It's going to take a lot more than smile to make you you look good." She said with an eyeroll. He grabbed her by the chin and shoved her against the wall, she gasped, frightened. "You might have been bluffing when you threatened me but I'm right now. Do one thing, ONE thing wrong tonight, and I swear i'll beat your ass. Got it?" She closed her eyes tightly, he tightened his grip and banged her against the wall, practically yelling in her face, "I said GOT IT?!" "Yes!" She said, her voice cracking.

He jerked his hand away and she breathed deeply. "Wipe that look off your face, I don't want you looking that way when we walk in." She nodded slowly and regained herself, forcing a good slight smile on her face. They walked in and one by one faces turned slowly toward her, looking at her with envy. Her eyes scanned the crowd for Draco, and her stomach dropped when she saw him. She hated the look he was giving, the look that he was.. 

Lost in thought, she slipped on bottom stepped and gasped, Kyler caught her and leaned down in her ear, "One minute in and you've already got one hit." She gulped and gave a fake smile to everyone, they turned back to their frieneds and dates. She spoted Daphne and let go of Kyler, a real smile on her face this time. She ran over to her, "Daphne! You look gorgeous!" 

{Daphne's dress: http://www.polyvore.com/notte_marchesa_silk-chiffon_halterneck_gown/thing?id=29227431}

Daphne turned away from Andy and smiled at Astoria, "So do you!" Just then Isabelle ran over to them DJ following slowly behind, walking with Kyler. "Oh. My. God. Astoria!" Astoria turned toward her, "What?" Isabelle started laughing, reminding Astoria of her mother. "Have you seen Pansy?" Astoria raised a delicate eyebrow "No.." She said slowly. Isabelle looked around then busted out laughing, "There, look!"