love: it's complicated ; chapter fourteeen

It had been a week since the encounter between Kyler, Draco, and Astoria. The week went by slowly, as every corner Astoria turned she expected Kyler to be there, but he wasn't. He was no where to be seen, he wasn't even in classes. Draco never left her side. It was finally the weekend and they could go to Hogsmeade. Astoria walked hand in hand with Draco, her head leaning on his shoulder.

They arrived in Hogsmeade, but hidden behind a shop stood Daphne. She called them over, she looked upset. "What is it?" Astoria asked, dropping Draco's hand and walking over to her. Daphne looked behind her then back at Astoria. Astoria looked around the corner and there stood Lucius Malfoy. "It's time." He said flatly. Astoria gripped Draco's hand again, her heart felt as if it would fall out of her chest.

They all gripped hands, but Astoria was hestitant. "It'll be okay." Draco said quietly to her. She grabbed Daphne's hand, and they disapperated. They appeared in front of a dark building, Astoria bit her lip, trying to calm herself. Draco waited for everyone else to walk ahead then turned toward her, "Astoria, I'm sorry. I feel like this is my fault, maybe they wont make you get it." She grabbed his wrist. "They will, I know they will. It's not your fault, they would have done it with or without you."

She looked down, he lifted her chin and kissed her lightly. "Draco." Lucius called, they snapped their heads over. "Come on." He said quietly. She walked behind him, her head down slightly. They walked through dark passages. They were led to a room with big, wooden doors with silver handles. 

She took a deep breath and they walked in. People were crowded around, she glanced around, seeing a few adults, bellatrix and narcissa, her parents. She kept looking and spotted Daphne and Isabelle. 

Suddenly, everyone moved out of the way and Voldemort walked through. Astoria gave a small gasp and turned her head as a reflex. She spotted Kyler, he was smirked, as if he was enjoying her being afraid and getting this done to her. She hadn't been aware he was a deatheater until now. He walked over, eager to get a front row seat.

"Draco Malfoy and Astoria Greengrass." Voldemort said, smiling evily. "Welcome. I'm so glad you two decided to join me." Astoria noticed Kyler snicker, he knew they were being forced. "Whose first?"

Draco stepped in front of Astoria, "I'll go." Astoria bit the inside of her cheek, her hand still in his. "Eager, are you?" Voldemort said with a chuckle. "Let's have it then."

He walked foreward than stopped, "There's something you need to do." Voldemort told of his plan to elimate Dumbledore, and when he announced that Draco was the one to do, Astoria felt the breath leave her lungs. She struggled to breath, and after a minute she started caughing.

"Are you okay?" Isabelle whispered, beside her. Astoria nodded, but couldn't speak. She didn't want that for Draco, and what would he give her to do? Voldemort held his wand to Draco's left wrist and whispered a spell. She saw draco bite his lip, obviously in pain. She wanted the pain to be over for him, but in a minute it would be her.

She took a deep breath when he finished, and Draco bowed slightly to Voldemort. "Ms. Greengrass." Astoria didn't move, but Isabelle gave her a small nudge. She began to walk towards him, she swallowed the lump in her throat and felt her stomach knot. She thought she was about to throw up.

"Isabelle has told me many things about you." Voldemort said, "She says you're very trustworthy and faithfull." He said slowly. "I trust my daughters word, but let me warn you, i'm not one to take betrayal lightly." He said and gave her a look. She nodded, "Of course, my lord."

He smiled and grabbed her left wrist. His hands were cold and rough, she hated the feeling of them. They weren't warm and soft like Draco's, it reminded her of Kyler. He held his wand to her wrist, and before she knew it an unbearable pain shot through her. She let out a small squeal and bit her lip to the point of it bleeding. She didn't handle pain well, and she felt as if she might pass out.