Love: It's Complicated // Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Draco shoved the journal out his his face, "I don't want to read it." Daphne scoffed, "Read it Draco!" "Why? So I can see how much she enjoyed cheating on me? I don't think so." He started walking away. She bit her lip, "Draco please just.." It was to late, he was already to far.

-

Astoria sat in the commons room, laying on the couch. It was late, so she was in her pajamas. She twirled a necklace she was wearing in her hand. She felt to weak to walk to her own room. Daphne was on the opposite side of the couch, reading a magazine. Astoria had her feet propped on her. Draco was across the room, chatting with Crabbe and Goyle. She felt herself glance over to him a few times.

She wished she knew where they stood. She wanted to explain to him, she was desperate to. The portrait burst open, and in stumbled Kyler, his group of followers behind him. She tensed up and Daphne noticed. She looked over at Astoria, Astoria looked back with begging eyes. Begging her not to say anything. Kyler saw Astoria and smirked, throwing himself on the couch across from them, sighing loudly. His friends stood behind the couch, watching the scene that was about to happen, smirking to themselves.

Astoria stayed silent, looking up at the ceiling. Kyler was staring at her, she could feel it. His eyes felt like daggers. She couldn't move though, it was as if she became paralyzed. Daphne noticed, but kept quiet. Draco was also staring, his eyes were full of betrayal.

She felt her world crumble on top of her. She wanted nothing more than to die, leave this place. She had become depressed. She stood up and started walking to her room, Kyler caught her arm, "Off to somewhere?" He smirked. She jerked her hand away by reflex, and he stood up, clenching his fist, rearing it back as if he were going to hit her. She cringed, Daphne stood up, along with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. "What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Draco said, walking quickly over and standing in front of Astoria.

Kyler smirked, "You're still with this slut?" he scoffed. His friends had cleared out by now, and he was clearly out numbered, Crabbe and Goyle were walking closer each second. He rolled his eyes and walked away quickly. Crabbe, Goyle, and Daphne all backed off. Draco turned around to face Astoria, shaking his head. "Please Draco, can we talk?" He shot her a look, "There's nothing to talk about." 

He turned and started walking, she caught hold of his arm, "Yes there is. Please." Her eyes were begging and he sighed, defeated. By now everyone had left, leaving them alone. She sat on the couch and he sat in an armchair. 

"How could you sleep with him? After what he did to you? To us? How can you do that to me?" She bit her lip and kept quiet, looking down. He scoffed and shook his head, "You said you wanted to talk but you can't say anything, you can't even look at me. Did you ever really love me?" She jerked her head toward him, "Of course I did!" "Then why did you cheat on me!?" He shouted.

"I-I.. I didn't want to do it! Can't you see that?! Why would I want to sleep with someone like him! I was forced! Is that you wanted to hear, huh? How I was beaten, and raped. You know me better than that, You know I wouldn't cheat on you. But I had no control over it." The words came out of her mouth before she had time to stop them. He pulled her into his arms. She could've sworn she saw tears running down his cheek. "Why didn't you tell me?" He said softly.

She was holding on to him tightly, and said between sobs, "He threatened to kill me." She felt him tense around her, "I'm going to kill him." She shook her head, "Just stay here with me, I don't want to be alone." He ran his hand through her hair, holding on to her as if she would die if he let go. She grabbed his hand and led him up the staircase to her dorm.

She pulled the sheets back on her bed and crawled in, he followed hin behind her. He pulled her to him and wrapped his around her letting her rest her head on his chest. She quickly fell asleep, and he moved a piece of hair out of her face.

He was surprisingly calm for what happened, he was calm for her. He knew she needed him now, and he couldn't just leave her alone to go kick Kyler's ass. Honestly, Draco was so mad that he scared himself. He did a good way of hiding it. But if he got hold of Kyler, he would probably kill him. He looked down at Astoria, he was stroking her hair softly.

Astoria sat up quickly in her bed, it was in the middle of the night and she had a nightmare. She gasped for breath. Draco sat up, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked, alarmed. She ran a hand through her hair and nodded, "Bad dream." They layed back down and she rested her head on his chest. He wrapped an arm around her and pulled the covers up with the other one. "Wanna talk about it?" He said softly.  "It was about the letter my parents sent." She ran her finger tips over her left wrist, and said quietly "I don't want to do that." He sighed and pulled her closer to him. "I know." Her eyes fluttered closed, and she quickly fell asleep.

She woke up the next morning, wrapped in Draco's arms. She smiled to herself and slowly slid out of them, crawling off the bed. She pulled her hair back in a ponytail and grabbed a sweater off her trunk, throwing it on. She rubbed her arms and looked back on the bed at Draco, smiling.

She crawled back on the bed and kissed his cheek gently. He woke up and turned his head, smiling. He leaned in and kissed her, wrapping his arms around her. He pulled away slightly and mumbled against her lips, "I love you." She smiled and pecked his lips. "I love you to."

She reached over him and grabbed his shirt, jumping off the bed with it. He chuckled and leaned up, "Give it." She shook her head smiling. "Come and get it." He laughed and threw the covers off of him, standing up. He started to walk toward her and she giggled, opening the door and running down the staircase. "Come back!" He said laughing following her. He was quick and got to the bottom of the staircase, he caught up with her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Give it." He said.

She held it close to her and smiled, "Nope!" He started tickling her, she fell to the floor laughing and get got on top of her. "Give it and I'll stop." She was laughing to much to speak. "F.. Fine!" She said, out of breath from laughing. "Here." She held it up for him.

"Thank you." He took it and leaned down and kissed her on the lips. He stood up and held out his hand to help her up. She took it and jumped up. He put on his shirt quickly. Remembering they were in the sitting area of the Common's room, she looked around to see faces. Some looked like they were upset. Some were smiling widely.

Kyler was one of the one's looking upset. Draco noticed him and clenched his fist, starting to wak towards him but Astoria grabbed him, "Not here Draco, please." Draco jerked his arm away from her and kept walking. Kyler stood smirking, Draco glared, "You're dead." He said.

Kyler scoffed, "Sure. Upset because your girlfriend wanted me more than you?" Draco couldn't hold himself back, he reared his hand back and punched Kyler as hard as he could, sending Kyler stumbling backwards. There gasp in the room, and a circle was forming around them. Astoria pushed through them until she was up front.

Kyler and Draco were throwing punches at each other, they were moving so fast she couldn't tell who was winning. She didn't want Draco to get hurt. "Stop it!" She shouted, she looked around, "Someone do something!" Andy and Dj came shoving through the crowd. DJ grabbed Kyler and Andy held back Draco.

"Get off me!" Draco shouted, trying to shove him off, "I'm going to kill him!" Draco had a bloody nose and a few cuts. She looked at Kyler who had a busted lip, bruised eye, and a bloody nose. She bit her lip. Kyler was glaring at her, "This is all your fault." He yanked himself away from DJ, She backed up and ran into someone. "Her fault?!" Draco said, Andy had let go of him, he walked over and stood in front of Astoria defensivley, "How is this her fault?" He said glaring.

Kyler rolled his eyes, "She threw herself at me, I couldn't say no if she was willing to do it." Draco glared, Draco glared, but he didn't know if Astoria would want everyone knowing what happened. Kyler scoffed and walked off, Pansy was immediatly by his side, tending to him. Everyone departured from the circle.

Draco turned around. Astoria pulled the ends of her sleeve down and dabbed the blood off his face. "You're ruining your sweater." He said. She smiled, "You did it for me once"