love: it's complicated // chapter thirteen

"Astoria, please!" Draco begged in a quiet voice, "No!" Astoria said sternly. Days had passed since their encounter in the common room that night, and Draco was begging her to leave Kyler and come back to him. "He's not going to do anything, he's bluffing."

Astoria was walking down the corridor, and Draco was behind her. "Maybe not to you, but he will to me." She glanced around at the faces around her. Everyone practically hated her and judged her for what had happened. As far as they know Astoria cheated on Draco, Draco and Kyler got in a fight, Astoria is now dating Kyler. 

"Not if I can help it." Draco said, Astoria shook her head, "You wont always be there to save me Draco. I'm doing this for you." Draco grabbed her arm and turned her around. "You don't love him, you love me, and I love you. We can make it through this." Draco placed his hand on her cheek.

Astoria sighed, "As long as he's around, we can never be together. Just please keep going along like you hate me and want nothing to do with me." Astoria bit her lip to fight back a smile, and Draco chuckled lightly. What she was saying sounded silly, but it was serious. "Please." She looked up at him with pleading eyes. When she was around Draco, the light came back to her eyes, and she felt happy.

Draco dropped his hand, "Fine, bitch." He said with a smile. Astoria rolled her eyes, "Bastard." The corridors had cleared out, and Astoria said a quick goodbye to Draco and started walking to her class. She turned the corner and ran into Kyler. "Watch it." He snapped at her. Astoria rolled her eyes and tried to shove past him, but he held his arm out and stopped him, "That's no way to treat your boyfriend." Astoria sighed, "And snapping at me is a way to treat me, when I put up with so much?" She asked, getting annoyed.

Kyler shrugged, and grabbed her hand, he started to walk with her, "Did I see you talking to Draco earlier?" He asked, gripping her hand tighter. "No." Astoria said and bit her lip. He squeezed it tighter, she let out a yelp but he didn't loosen his grip. "You know I don't like being lied to." Astoria struggled to get out of his tight grasp, "Okay, yes, I was. But he told me not to talk to him." Kyler nodded, "So, you approached him?"

Astoria nodded, "Yes, any contact me and Draco have had it's me going up to him." She looked up at him, "Please loosen your grip." She begged. "So, you've had contact with Draco. Asking for him back? Am I not good enough?" Astoria looked at him in disbelief, he knew she didn't love him. He looked down at her. He let go off her hand, and she clenched and unclenched her fingers. He grabbed above her elbow, his fingers digging into her skin. "I don't want you to talk to him, I don't want you to even look at him, got it?" He growled at her, "You're mine, not anyone else's. Understand?"

Astoria nodded quickly, "Yes." Kyler gripped her arm harder, "Make me believe it." He let go of her arm harshly and wrapped his around her shoulder, pulling her toward him. She looked down and rubbed her arm, she could already see the colors of green, purple, and blue forming. She was used to the bruises.

They walked into the great hall for lunch, she hated the looks she was getting from everybody. She kept her head down, and Kyler deliberately sat close to Draco. Draco would be able to hear every word said and see everything. She could feel his eyes on her, but she looked down at her empty plate, remembering what Kyler had told her minutes earlier.

She let her blonde curls fall over her shoulder. Kyler would glance at her every so often, and even had his friends watching her, waiting for her to slip up. "Arn't you going to eat, baby?" Kyler asked in a soft voice, putting on a show of a good boyfriend in front of everybody. "I'm not hungry." She said quietly. Kyler placed his hand on her thigh and tightened his grip. She bit her lip, struggling not to cry out in pain. "You should eat, and cheer up." He said, still keeping his voice light, but there was something else in it.