"Whatcha doin'?"

"Whatcha doin'?" I ask, leaning over Karen while she sits at the table.

She looks up at me and her large eyes widen when she notices my proximity. "Woah, Sang! Too close." She leans back as I jump away, blushing slightly.

"Sorry. Anyway, what are you doing?" I grin at her and she rolls her eyes.

"The same thing I was twenty minutes ago. I need to compare the head on the coin with other found artifacts. Now shoo! Go watch a movie or something." She waves a hand and I pout a little before moving into the living room.

Rocky sits on the couch with soil samples spread out on the coffee table. He looks up and gives me his signature grin before patting the seat next to him.

"Sit here, Babe. Rocky loves having his girl watch him work." He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"It's a good thing I'm not your girl then so I don't have to sit by you." I sit down in one of the recliners and scan the table. "So whatcha doin'?"

His smirk deepens and I restrain myself from face palming. I walked right into that one.

"There's Rocky's girl. Rocky's just checking to see if there's any man made material in these samples." He grabs one of the earlier samples and shakes the contents.

"What are you doing now?"

He glances at me before shaking it again. "Nothing really. It seemed like it might have made Rocky look cooler."

"Oh." I say bluntly. "Well what are you going to do next?"

He blinks at me a few times before looking back at his samples. "The same as before."

"Okay, well do you want to play a game with me?" I pout at him. "I want to play chutes and ladders. I found the box yesterday while cleaning out the top of the hallway closet? I wonder why it was up there? I swear I put it in the other closet."

Rocky's eyes widen and he swears under his breath. "Maybe it was moved while you were gone. But why did you clean up there? It's too high for Rocky's girl to reach."

"Because I was bored." I shrug before standing. "So do you want to play?" I really hope he says yes. It's the one game I'm infinitely better at than him. It kind of gives me something to gloat about.

He shakes his head before I'm finished speaking. "No. Rocky needs to work on this right now. Maybe next time, Babe."

I shrug again before searching for someone else. I hate being on land so I usually finish my required assignments long before everyone else.

I enter the kitchen and smile at Jay as he finishes making a sandwich. "Hey Jay, whatcha doin'?"

He rolls his eyes and picks up his plate. "Anything away from you. Now I remember why we never stay on land."

"What do you mean? Oh! Guess what! I found Chutes and Ladders so we can all play later. Rocky said he might, although he did seem surprised that I found it. Maybe because it was up in the closet. Why do you think it was up there? I know that I put it somewhere easy to find, so the fact that I had to climb the stool to fin-"

"G*d, Sang." Jay interrupts and I frown at him. "This is why we don't keep you on land. You never shut up."

"That's true. There's just nothing I want to do. The order is taking to long for the new gear so I have nothing to do." I shrug and he glares as he walks towards the dining room and Karen. "Well I'm going to make cupcakes if you want to help!" I call out to his retreating back.