"You'll end up marrying a fish."

"Why the h*ll did you tell me 19:00 if you weren't going to be ready by then?" I whine at the tanned back rummaging through the closet.

"I know- huh- what I wannnnt- urrr- to wear. Just give me a minute." She grunts, tugging on a mysterious piece of fabric that seems to be stuck under the monster of clothing piled in her closet.

"You know, it would be easier to find the clothes you want if you hung them up." I say as I lean back against the wall behind her bed.

"Eeh." She shrugs before diving into the pile again.

She makes some animalistic noise before finally jumping out of the closet, dress in hand. "I knew it was there."

"D*mn. I was hoping you wouldn't want to go if you couldn't find it."

Karen rolls her eyes as she steps into the dress, "Zip it up for me."

"A please would be nice." I huff while climbing off her bed. "Seriously, why are we going?"

"Well I desperately need a night out with Sarah, and you my dear need to do something other than plan your next dive." She holds the front of the dress up and leans to look in the mirror.

"Stand straight, I can't zip it if you you're bent over like that."

"If we weren't in a hurry I'd make some comment about my sexuality, but we really need to leave!" She stands up again and I finally pull the zipper closed.

"Well stop staring at yourself and lets go. Need I remind you that I have been ready for the last twenty minutes while you dug around in the abyss you call a closet." I say grabbing a light pink lipgloss off of her vanity and swipe it across my lips.

"That's because you put on a potato sack and called it a dress. Seriously, do you own anything sexy?" She eyes my loose, wide necked shirt dress with disdain.

I scoff to hide my smile. "It's plenty sexy, see?" I shake a little and the neckline slides off of one shoulder. "I'm showing skin."

"Right, and I'm straight. At least you left your hair down. Hair like that is every mans wet dream." Karen grabs her clutch from the dresser and pops her hip. "Let's go get drunk." She smiles at her reflection before turning around and walking out the door.

Trailing behind, I crouch at the top of the stairs and look down. Breathing out a sigh of relief I stand follow her out the door. "Thank G*d Rocky isn't here right now. I don't think I would have handled it if he made a pass at me right now. At least I'll be drunk when I have to deal with sexist comments at the bar."

"Once again, it's not a bar. It's a club. We are going to have fun and dance and secretly celebrate your discovery." Karen says as we climb into the car and head towards the nearest city.

"You may be going for the dancing. I'm going to be where the alcohol is. Which is the bar." I buckle my belt and lean back in the seat.

White sandy beaches and blue water pass by in a haze. Buildings are scattered before replacing the view of the water. I sigh and turn away knowing I won't be able to see the ocean again for the rest of the trip.

Karen pulls into the parking lot of a building practically vibrating from the bass in the music. A scream sounds from near the entrance as we climb out and Karen stumbles back as a blur of black hair jumps on her.

"Hey Babe!" She says before planting a kiss on the slim girl.

"You're late!" The girl cries, throwing a punch at Karen's arm.

"Stop! I'm sorry." She says shielding herself before wrapping her in a hug. "Please forgive me?"

"Fine. Only if you promise to dance with me all night." Says the raven haired girl.

"Of course I will. What kind of girlfriend do you think I am?"

Light brown eyes land on me and we greet each other with a smile. "Hey Sarah, how are you?"

"I'm good Sang. How did Karen get you to come?" She asks curiously, scrunching her freckled nose. "You hate these places."

"You're right." I sigh and give Karen a mock glare. "I didn't have much choice. She said if I did this then the next time we hang out we can stay in and watch movies. She also thinks I need to get laid."

Sarah tosses her head back and laughs. "She's right! At the rate you're going you'll end up marrying a fish." She links arms with me and Karen and we head towards the door. The music gains volume with every step and I'm already wishing I was back home.

After exchanging a few words in Greek with the bouncer we are allowed to enter.

Karen was right. There isn't much of a bar here. A large dance floor dominates the room. A small second level is off to one side and a counter runs the length of it. A few standing tables are placed up there and near the walls leaving the floor uncluttered by chairs.

"Where is everyone else?" I shout over the heavy beat.

Sarah leans closer and yells back, "They are here somewhere. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll find you."

Karen pulls us up the stairs towards the bar. "Three Black Russians." She tells the bartender. He nods and takes the cash she placed on the counter.

A minute later three shot glasses are placed in front of us. "A little vodka and coffee to start the night ladies." She passes out the glasses and we all tip them back quickly.

Slamming the cups down we all look at each other before laughing. Sarah jumps up and down before grabbing Karen's hand. "Come on! We are going to be here for hours, no getting drunk yet." Grinning wildly, she drags Karen back down to the dance floor.

Leaning back over the counter I ask for a bottle of beer before finding a table to stand and watch. Spotting Karen and Sarah I smile. They really are cute together. Scanning the crowd I jump as warm breath tickles my ear. With my heart beating sharply, I give a small gasp.

"Hey sexy." A deep voice whispers.

I turn and take in red hair and freckles. Giving a wide smile I watch on amused.

"Will you marry me?"

*****
Hey!

Kind of short this time, but this was the best place to stop.

So what do you think of Karen and Sarah?

I will be disappointed if you don't know who is in the next chapter. ;)

Till next time,
BijinMum.