The Hogsmeade Trip

The Hogsmeade Trip

“Alright, everyone who has their slips give them to Professor Longbottom.” Professor Jordan said on the twenty-first as everyone was walking around; getting ready to walk to Hogsmeade. “Foreign students are free to just go. Your headmasters and mistress said it was fine for you to visit Hogsmeade.”

I stood outside Hogwarts and looked around for anyone of my friends. I had already given my permission slip to Professor Longbottom and I was waiting for Melinda, Fred, Victoire, Max, and Teddy to show up. My cousins were running around with their friends and following everyone else to exit the grounds. I wished they’d hurry up. I wanted to go and see Jason.

“Waiting for your friends?” Darren asked and I turned around to see him smiling at me.

“Yeah.” I smiled. “I don’t know what’s taking then long.”

“It could be because they already left.”

I raised my eyebrows. “They what?”

“I saw them leave ten minutes ago.”

“I can't believe them. We always walk to Hogsmeade together.”

“Well, you can walk with me.”

“Ok.” I smiled and we followed everyone out of the grounds.

We walked in silence for a while and I thought about my friends leaving me. I could understand Max since he was mad about me and Darren still but Fred, Melinda, Victoire, and Teddy? Maybe Max had persuaded them to walk with him. I’d have to talk to them and see what’s up.

“Mad about your friends still?” Darren asked and I looked up at him.

“I’m not really mad.” I answered. “I’m just trying to figure it out.”

He nodded. “Maybe they were in a hurry to get to a shop or something.”

“Maybe.” I looked ahead of us and I saw Melinda and Fred running towards us.

We stopped and waited for them to get to us. Once they did, they stood in front of us panting and Melinda said, “Paige, I’m so sorry we didn’t wait for you.”

“Max told us you had left already with Darren.” Fred added.

“We looked around for you and found Jason and he said you hadn’t shown up yet and we knew that wasn’t like you so we came back.”

“Victoire and Teddy say sorry too.”

“What about Max?” I asked curiously and crossed my arms.

“I don’t know.” Fred answered.

“He went off with Prudence.” Melinda added.

My heart fell and I knew my face did too. “Oh.”

“I’m sure they’re just talking.” Fred assured me.

“Sure they are.” I said sarcastically. “Let’s just go. I want to see Jason.”

Once the four of us got to Hogsmeade, I headed to the Three Broomsticks while Fred and Melinda went to show Darren around. I looked around the pub for Jason when I walked in and found my red haired cousin sitting at a table drinking Butterbeer. I smiled as I walked over to him and sat down.

“You’re here.” He said with relief. “I got worried when Fred and Melinda said they couldn’t find you.”

“Yeah. I was still at Hogwarts waiting for them.” I told him. “Max said he saw me leave so they left and yeah.” I sighed. “Max and I aren’t really on good terms right now.”

“You didn’t say anything in your letters.”

“Well I wanted to tell you in person. It’s kind of complicated.”

“Did you tell him you like him?” He asked with wide eyes.

“Godric, no. It’s more complicated than that.” I took a deep breath and I told him everything. I told him about Max and Prudence and my deal with Darren and he just stared at me with wide eyes.

When I was finished, he took a deep greatly and said, “Wow.”

            “Yeah. It’s all I could come up with.”

            “I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

            “Why?”

            “Because you could get hurt. What if he doesn’t end up liking you?”

            “Then I’ll move on. You sound like Darren and Melinda.”

            “Maybe they have a point.”

            I sighed. “We won’t know until it works or fails.”

            “And I have a feeling it’s going to fail.”

            I rolled my eyes and stood up. “Why can’t you just support this?”

            “I’m just worried about you.” He stood up too. “Don’t be mad.”

            “How can I not be mad? I’m trying to get Max to see that he likes me and all of you are putting this down. Isn’t it better that I learn if he does or doesn’t like me now than twenty years down the road?” Tears filled my eyes from frustration. I had to leave. “I’m gonna go. I’ll write you later.”

            I walked out of the Three Broomsticks and wiped my eyes as I ran into someone. I looked up with blurry vision and made out Max through the tears. I continued wiping tears away and said, “Sorry. I didn’t see you.”

            “How could you with the tears?” He asked with concern and put his arm around my shoulder. “Paige, what’s wrong?”

            “Nothing. I’m just frustrated.” I wiped the rest of my tears away.

            “Why?”

            “It doesn’t matter.” I told him and started to walk away. “Shouldn’t you be with Prudence anyways?”

            “She got sick and went back to school.” Max followed me. “What’s up with you?”

            I turned and looked at him. “What’s up with me? You left me at Hogwarts, had my friends leave me too, my cousin thinks what I’m doing with Darren is a bad idea, and you haven’t actually talked to me since I told you I what Darren and I are doing. Why should you care now?”

            He sighed. “I’m sorry, Paige. I just care about you and don’t want you to get hurt by what you’re doing with Darren.”

            “I’m not gonna get hurt. Why does everyone think I’ll get hurt?” I took a deep breath. “I’m going back to school and I don’t want you to come.” I turned away from him and walked way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like the chapter! Please comment and vote! Photo on side is Goombasrule's entry