chapter forty nine

Read authors note at the end!!

I clapped my hands together as the car pulled up outside of the venue where our prom was being held, my excitement kicking in.
I watched as many students headed towards the building, looking amazing in their dresses and suits.

It all felt so surreal... to finally be attending prom with not only my best friends, but Grayson. I'm so in love with this boy, and to have him be the one by my side for something this special, makes me so happy.

Soon enough, the car came to a stop, and we climbed out. Shelby looked around hopelessly, before turning around and freezing. I looked to see what she was staring at, my jaw dropping and my hands cupping my cheeks. I grabbed Grayson's arm, shoving it a few times to get his attention, pointing towards Shelby, and Jack. I really didn't think he was going to show up.

He was stood by the side of our car, dressed in a black suit, a large grin painted on his face.
Shelby swivelled around to face us, her mouth wide, making Gray and I laugh.
She almost didn't know whether to go to him or not, obviously out of nerves.
" go! " I told her, while she smiled, rushing towards him and pulling him in for a much needed hug.
We watched for a while, smiling at how cute they were, especially when Jack complimented her. She looked so happy, so surprised, and it was definitely worth it.
Grayson lead me towards the two, smiling from ear to ear at the adorable sight. Jack was holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands, pink and white roses, making Shelby awe.
" thank you!! Where should I put them? " She grinned, taking them from him.
Jack groaned, clearly annoyed as he buried his face in his hands out of embarrassment.
" I don't know...? " Jack spoke up, sounding as if it were more of a question.
Shelby giggled, standing on her tiptoes and placing a soft kiss to his cheek, making him blush a shade of pink.
" I love them, thank you " She thanked him again, while he nodded, looking rather happy with himself.
It fell silent, jack and Shelby looking at each other in admiration while Grayson and I watched. It sounds creepy, but it was to cute not to.
" well, let me escort the princess " Jack said cheesily as he took Shelby's hand, already walking towards the doors.
Grayson fake gagged at Jack's cringy line, making me laugh, but Jack shoot him a glare.
We waited until the two lovebirds had gotten inside before looking at one another, not exchanging any words but smiling like fools.
" well, what're we waiting for? " Grayson smirked, looking down on me and wrapping an arm around my waist.
I smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he lead me towards the entrance...

_______

A/N- okay this isn't the last chapter because my dumbass skipped one accidentally lmao
So this is just a filler but the next chapter is the final one!