chapter seventeen

Ethan

I gulped as I looked between the two, stepping back slightly as if I were ready to walk out of the house right then and there. Ethan noticed my confused expression, throwing his shirt back on and standing up, walking towards me and raising a brow.
" you okay? " He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder and rubbing slightly, trying to comfort me.
Unless he's about to teleport to meet up with Grayson and his family right now, my boyfriend lied to me.
" Grayson told me that he was meeting up with you and your family " I said bluntly, Ethan's facial expression completely changing.
He furrowed his eyebrows, looking back at Kaylee and shrugging, before back at me with a sympathetic look. Suddenly his eyes widened in shock, but he quickly attempted to cover it up.
" oh shit, I completely forgot about that... " Ethan trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand and directing his attention towards Kaylee.
It was like they were talking to each other in their heads, which scared me a little.
" so he didn't lie? " I asked, still suspicious.
" yep, and I'm going to be late... so bye guys " Ethan quickly mumbled, obviously desperate to exit this situation as he rushed towards the door and waved.
Kaylee and Ethan exchanged a kiss before he closed the door behind him, leaving me in complete confusion and doubt.

It took me a couple of seconds to figure out what to say, and just as I was about to, Kaylee's phone beeped. She repositioned herself on the couch, as I took the seat opposite her, watching my cousin intently. She'd obviously gotten a text, as she read each word carefully, trying to hide her scared expression which I could see right through.
" what is it? " I asked, more clear this time.
Her head snapped up from her phone, guilt in her eyes as she gulped.
" nothing, nothing... should we watch a movie or something? " Kaylee rambled, changing the subject.
I decided not to fight for an answer, as it may be non of my business... or all of my business. But that's besides the point.
" yeah sure " I agreed, nodding slightly.
She breathed what seemed like a sigh of relief, standing up and grabbing the TV remote.
Netflix loaded up, and of course Kaylee got to chose the movie.

____

I readjusted my backpack strap over my shoulder, fixing my hair after looking into Kaylee's large mirror. She laughed at me, opening the door wider for me as I stepped out.
" I'll drop you off tomorrow, like always " She smirked, opening her arms for a hug which she rarely does.
I was confused by her actions, ( but then again I'm confused about everything right now ) before hugging her back and stepping onto her front porch.
" I thought Grayson was picking you up " Kay chirped, folding her arms across her chest and raising a brow.
I shrugged, not really wanting to bother him. After all, he could've lied to me. Ethan seemed really guilty and nervous about the whole thing, and Kaylee was even acting strange. If he wants to play me like that, he should at least think the plan through a couple times.
" nah, I'll walk... don't want to bother him " I plainly replied, stepping down a few steps and heading along her path.
She nodded, waving me off and not even shouting bye bitch like she usually does. Okay, something is definitely up with her.

The walk back home was peaceful, the dark night sky and dimly lit streets giving off a winter vibe. I'm not quite sure why, but whenever I'm out on a dark night, it makes me feel like I could cuddle up by a fire and watch a Christmas film. I'm that girl, yes.

My feet tiredly dragged themselves up to the front door, unlocking it quickly. The soothing smell of my moms perfume still lingering in the air, even though she left this morning for another business trip.
I found myself heading towards the sofa, practically lunging myself at it in exhaustion. Just as I got comfy, several frantic knocks were heard at the door... more like bangs. I jumped up, peeking out of the small mirror just in case, breathing a sigh of relief when I saw the hazel brown eyes, dark and worry filled as he shifted from foot to foot nervously.

I reached for the handle, pulling it open only to be engulfed in the tightest hug, completely startling me. I was taken aback, but responded by hugging back, all of my previous thoughts flowing away like a river.
" I was so worried! I went to Kaylee's to pick you up but she said you'd left!! " Grayson rambled in a panicky tone, pulling away with his hands on either side of my face.
His hands smoothly made their way down to my hips, staying there throughout the rest of the conversation.
" I'm fine, I can walk " I defended, looking up at him considering the large height distance.
His thumb gently caressed my cheek, as he shook his head.
" it's dark... I just worry Bella, I'm sorry " Grayson frowned, clearly recognising that he'd came off a bit strong.
But then again, I like when he's protective. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... a feeling I can't explain any other way than loved.
" it's okay, Gray... but- " I began, not knowing whether to bring up what happened with Ethan.
He hummed, motioning for me to go on.
" you said you were going to meet up with Ethan, but he was there with Kaylee... did you lie to me? " I struggled to ask, the thought of Grayson lying to me making my stomach turn.
He instantly tensed up, opening his mouth to speak but remaining silent. All he did was shake his head, before finding the guts to answer my question properly.
" no- I didn't, Ethan came and met me after... he was late " Grayson reassuringly said, as I nodded, trying with all I could to believe him.

I let it slide, knowing that it wouldn't be anything and that I can't hold this against him. Who knows, he could be telling the truth. I knew I shouldn't get worked up about it, and I also wanted to be with him. Being in his company makes me feel safe and happy, and I'm not going to put that at risk because of something stupid.

" I'm tired " I yawned, placing my hand over my mouth.
Grayson chuckled lowly, instantly bending down to slip his arms under my legs and pick me up bridal style. I let out a squeak because of how cold his hands were, making him laugh more as he carried my up the stairs of my own house.
As soon as we reached my room he dropped my on my bed gently, closing the curtains for me and removing his shirt. I smiled as he climbed in next to me, his muscular arms wrapping around my waist and his legs tangled in mine. I felt complete, and whole.

I quickly turned over so I was facing him, admiring his facial features as he closed his eyes. Gray soon opened them, smirking a little as he pulled me even closer, if possible.
" I can't exactly sleep when you're staring at me, baby " He breathed out, using the nickname he throws out every so often, but I can't get enough of.
I chuckled, my hand reaching the back of his neck and pulling him down towards me. He remained like that for a few seconds, before connecting his lips with mine, the familiar feeling erupting throughout my body. My hands became tangled in his hair as the kiss became more aggressive, lightly tugging on it and earning a throaty groan in response. Knowing that I have an effect on him makes me feel a certain way. A certain way I just can't describe. My kisses trailed down from his plump lips to his neck, sucking on his delicate skin and biting gently. I had no clue where any of this came from, but it felt so natural. With Grayson I feel comfortable, like I can experiment and be myself. He brings out the best in me, and I love him for that.
He let out a satisfied moan, a smirk creeping up onto my lips as I pulled away, turning onto my side teasingly. I knew I'd frustrated him, as it was completely silent, making me laugh quietly.
" come cuddle, I want to sleep " I chuckled, a sigh earned in response.
" just give me a minute " Grayson mumbled, standing up and heading to the bathroom, to deal with his very large problem.

_____

A/N- this is such a shitty chapter I apologise lmao, sorry!!