chapter two

The cool breeze messed up my hair, as I walked down the street and towards my house. The school day today flew by, which I was quite thankful for, considering that Brady was still at home sick. Kaylee was also unable to give me a ride home today, since she was helping my auntie with something back at her house. I didn't particularly mind though, sometimes walking home can be quite nice and relaxing.

It didn't take long until I heard the familiar and loud laughs heard in the distance, making me turn around hesitantly. All of the soccer players, including Parker, were walking this way, chanting the most stupid phrases and insults at one another. I slowly made eye contact with Parker, who turned away after, acting as if I didn't even exist. I shrugged it off, not exactly caring if he couldn't be bothered to acknowledge me, as I continued to walk the way home.

Around five minutes later I reached my house, closing the door and leaning my back against it. I took a deep breathe, slightly shaky from the wind, as I placed my bag down on the wooden floor carefully. Just as I was about to head up to my room there was a knock at the door, echoing loudly through my ears and the house. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, as Parker stood on my front porch, shifting from one foot to the other. One minute he acts as if I don't exist, and the next he's at my front door. I knew that I couldn't exactly leave him there, so I opened it, feeling a lot more nervous than I should've been.
" hey " He said casually, not even providing a reason for being at my house, or for knowing where I live.
It was like he read my mind, his eyes opening widely with his lips slightly parted.
" oh... I thought we could do the tutor thing now? " Parker asked awkwardly.
" sure... I guess " I shrugged, still holding the door slightly open, but not enough to welcome him inside.
He chuckled, smiling widely and showing his white teeth as he did so.
" I might need to come in... unless you want to do it on the porch? " Parker laughed, making me crack a smile.
I opened the door wider, as he stepped inside, mumbling a quick thanks along the way. I'd never had someone like him inside my house before, and to say the least, I was confused and very nervous.

His eyes darted from one place to another in my hallway, looking at the several childhood photos that were framed on the walls. I noticed that his lips curved up into a slight smile at my baby pictures, which was slightly embarrassing. I mean, photos of me in my diapers. Not exactly what you want your high school crush to see. I coughed awkwardly, trying to break the silence, and his house inspection to be exact.
" we can go to the kitchen... I have some textbooks there " I stuttered, and he nodded in response.
I lead the way to my dining room, pulling out a bar stool and sitting down at the counter. He did the same, taking the seat beside me while rummaging though his bag for his books. I didn't know how to begin, so I flicked through the pages of the chemistry textbook, hoping he'd tell me what he was struggling with in particular. To my disadvantage, he just sat there, not understanding what I was trying to get out of him.
" Mrs Layers told me to tell you that I had to focus on page 43, section b... " Parker advised, as I flicked through the book quickly.
The fresh smell of the new book filled my nose, a scent which many people love, and many people hate. I'm a lover, I guess.
" when did you see Mrs Layers? " I managed to ask, looking up at him.
His stare on me was too intimidating, causing me to turn my attention back to the equations on the page. Any confidence that I'd gained was lost in an instant, right then and there.
" I spoke to her today and told her that I'd come to yours tonight and study " He answered, making me slightly confused.
So he knew all day that he'd be coming to my house, yet didn't speak to me at all about it, ignores me and then just shows up.

Whatever works for you, Daniels.

_____

I held my stomach with my hand, gasping for air.
" wait really? " I laughed, while taking another handful of popcorn and shoving it into my mouth.
Parker burst into another fit of laughter, swirling the straw around his drink while nodding his head.
" yeah, I found it just as surprising as you did " He laughed, making me crack a smile.
We were currently sitting on the sofa, chatting and laughing about the stupidest stuff.
One minute we were studying, and the next we were just hanging out. Never in a million years did I think I'd be saying that Parker Daniels is sitting with me, chatting as if he's known me for years. Almost on cue, the front door opened, making me mentally face palm myself for not making him leave sooner. Now I'll have to deal with questions about if he's my boyfriend or not, which he isn't. That's not reality.
" Isabella? Aunt Claire and Kaylee are here " My mom said, before walking into the living room.
She stopped halfway, her eyes darting from me to the boy opposite me, who stood up, extending his hand out to shake politely.
" I'm Parker... Isabella's friend from school " Parker told her, her eyes sparkling and a small smile appearing when he called me his friend.
To be honest, I was just as shocked as my mom.
She shook his hand, looking back at Kaylee and my aunt with a smirk.
" lovely to meet you " My mom smiled, nodding her head slightly.
" you too, Mrs Montasso... but I better get going " Parker told her, grabbing his jacket from the coat hanger, but stopping when my mom cut him off.
" Oh please, call me Julia. Isabella can walk you out " Mom announced, and I guided him to the door like I was told.
As I passed Kaylee she sent me a wink, obviously impressed. No question that she'll think something else went on, though. I stopped at the door, opening it and stepping out onto the porch with Parker beside me.
" thanks for tutoring me and stuff " He said, rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke.
" it's fine... I'll see you tomorrow? " I asked, surprising myself with the sudden burst of confidence.
He looked down at the ground, shuffling around awkwardly before nodding his head. Clearly he had something on his mind, or he was lying to me. I couldn't really tell, but I can't stand liars.
" I better go now, but thanks again " Parker said, stepping down each step quickly.
He looked back once to wave, before continuing to walk down the street and back home.
I waved back, shivering from the cold air as he left, now not to be seen on the dark road.
I let out a sigh, stepping back inside my warm and cosy house and closing the door. I can't help but feel like I'm being played, you know?

It just feels just to good to be true.

A/N- Grayson is coming into the story next chapter guys, don't worry!