chapter five

I buried my head into my white fluffy pillow, letting out a frustrated groan as I did so. Kaylee could sense my anger, as she jumped onto her bed, landing in the funniest position to make me laugh a little. I cracked a smile, sitting up straight and leaning my head against the headboard.
" what's bothering you, Isa? " Kaylee asked, using the nickname which she's used pretty much all of my life.
I let out a sigh, running a hand through my long brown hair and shrugging.
" nothing really, just stressed about dad " I said, mumbling the last part.
She heard, moving closer to me and wrapping an arm around me. Kaylee isn't really a hugger, but she's so supportive and caring at the same time. Sure, she's a badass, but she's not afraid to be seen with her quiet and geeky cousin who she calls her bestfriend. In fact she embraces it, which makes me love her ten times more. But then we have Parker, who I'm pretty sure hates the idea of being seen by my side. Kind of sad, really. The way the world works, how people judge others so easily for who they hang around with or how they act. The thing I've learn through this is not to trust words, but to trust actions.
" He won't do anything, we won't let him " Kaylee reassured me, rubbing up and down my arm comfortingly.
I took a while to look at her, simply trying to find any sign of a lie. Once I found what I was looking for I nodded, knowing that she was telling the truth, or at least she was trying to he positive in this situation.
" you know, I can picture you with red hair " Kaylee randomly blurted out, making me laugh dramatically.
" no way, I'm happy with brown " I chuckled, causing my cousin to roll her eyes.
" boring " She mouthed, resting her chin on her hand and shrugging.
" I love your hair like this though, Kay " I smirked, touching a strand of her almost silver hair and nodding.
It honestly does look amazing on her, and I only wish that I could pull off different hair colours like she can. She's gone red, green, blue, black, pink... anything you can think of, and still rocked it. Kaylee is just beautiful in every way, really. She's so naturally pretty, but her makeup that she applies is always flawless too. A tattoo of her star sign, libre, is on her wrist, which I love so much. I kind of want a tattoo, but the idea of having something there permanently scares me a little. When you first see Kaylee, your first reaction would probably consist of you feeling rather intimidating. She can be, but since I know her so well I know that she wouldn't hurt a fly without a reason. Sure, she's been in many fights, but all to defend herself or stand by others. Again, something else I love about my cousin.

I was cut off from my thoughts when she shoved my shoulder, shaking it several times before sitting back down normally.
" I want to go to Starbucks " She told me, as I groaned.
We always go, but today I can't exactly be bothered. It's a Saturday, and I'm not exactly in the mood to spend it watching the world go by with an over priced drink in hand.
" why? " I chuckled, as she raised a brow, clearly not understanding why I didn't want to go.
" please! That hot cashier guy will be there... I've forgotten his name, but he works on Saturdays and Sundays " She clapped her hands, knowing a lot about this guy.
I laughed at her, shaking my head while standing up, making her erupt into a fit of excitement. She wants some Starbucks dick, I'm guessing.

A/N- stuff coming uuuppppp