chapter twenty nine

I stopped, completely frozen as I stared at the back of his head. He hadn't noticed me yet, and I was glad, as I needed time to recollect myself before heading over to him.

I watched his ever move, almost to the point to where it was creepy, but it wasn't, I was just waiting for my cue. He held up his wrist, checking his watch to see the time, before his head snapped in my direction, looking for me.
He was looking for me. Almost instantly, his eyes met mine, instantly sticking like glue. Super glue, to be exact.

My mind went completely blank as I stared, never breaking eye contact with the boy. I started to feel my nerves rising, my hands shaking as my bottom lip became trapped between my teeth, something I often do when I'm scared. Grayson knows this, which was probably why he looked down, shaking his head slightly whilst standing up, heading in the opposite direction from me. He left.

Grayson's POV:

I landed on her pair of gorgeous brown eyes, my heart rate quickening as I thought on how to do this. I needed to talk to her, hence wise the fact that I'd been waiting here at our spot for half an hour, just in case she came out. I noticed her staring cluelessly, obviously feeling exactly the same, anxious. One of the first things I realised was that she was biting her lip, just like she does when she's nervous or scared. Knowing that I made her feel that way made an uneasy feeling wash over me, whilst I hated myself for worrying the girl I love so much.

I shook my head at myself, disappointed that I caused half of this by being untruthful. I should've listened to Ethan and Kaylee, and told her what was happening in the first place. But instead I was my stubborn self, and did what I thought was protecting her, when it only made things worse. I found myself standing up, heading towards the way I came in, the fence.
I didn't even turn back, knowing that she'd still be stood there, confused on why I'd left. No matter how much I wanted to turn around and run to her, I couldn't.

I climbed over the wired fence quickly, my heart beating out of its chest whilst my breathing quickened. I wasn't feeling like how I did yesterday, it was more anger. I was annoyed at myself for what I'd caused, and I needed to let it out. I grumbled, quickly walking towards my car which was parked by the edge of the road. I didn't even climb in once I reached it, I just leaned against the vehicle, my head buried in my hands.
I was mumbling random curse words to myself, probably looking like a psycho path as I paced back and forth beside my car aggressively.
Without even thinking I let out a loud grunt, swinging my fist into the side of my car with strength. It took me a couple of seconds to feel the pain rushing to my fist and fingers, making me wince as I gripped my wrist, staring at my already swollen hand in disgust and agony. I had no clue what affect this was going to have on me... all I knew was that I'd definitely broken something, badly. But that isn't what bothered me. It was that I'd walked away from another opportunity to fix things with Bella.

_____

A/N- I apologise for this