chapter thirty

Isabella's POV:

" you're so bad at giving directions " Kaylee sighed, rolling her eyes as she turned the steering wheel of her car.
I chuckled at her as I checked my phone one last time, pulling up outside of a nice looking house. I sent Shelby a message telling her we were here, and soon enough the door opened, and she came out of her house.
" hey " she smiled, hopping into the back of the car.
" hey, I'm Kaylee " My cousin introduced herself, already pulling out of the drive and beginning the journey to the mall.
" the badass, scary cousin? " Shelby raised a brow, making Kaylee laugh.
" that's me " Kay smirked, patting my back while driving.
After school the other day, I invited Shelby to join Kaylee and I on a shopping day. We often do this, and thought that a girls day was needed considering everything that has gone on in the past week. Kaylee was happy for Shelby to join us, which was great, because I wanted them to meet soon anyway.

I knew of a few things Kaylee wanted to get out of me today, but I hoped she wouldn't bring it up. I hadn't told my new friend about Grayson and I, and I didn't plan to yet.

_____

I gave the waiter my order, whilst he collected our menus, making sure to wink at Kaylee before leaving.
" fucking gross " She murmured, whilst I snickered.
" what? " she raised a brow, making me speak up.
" it's just that if this was last month, you'd be flattered or flirt back, what's happened to you Kay? " I joked, although I was being serious.
" because I'm in a serious relationship! " Kaylee told us.
" I wanna know about this guy, tell me " Shelby smirked, wiggling her eyebrows at Kaylee.
" well, his name is Ethan, he's hot as fuck and actually a great guy... as cheeky as he is " My cousin smiled a little, making me aw.
I zoned out after that, while Kaylee and Shelby spoke about guys or celebrity crushes. To be honest, I wasn't listening at all, because I was too busy thinking about Grayson. He just left, and I haven't seen him around since.
" Isabella " Kaylee said a little louder, making me snap out of my daydream.
I raised a brow, wanting to know what she'd said that I'd ignored.
" I asked you if you'd fixed things with Gray, so have you? " Kaylee asked, while I sunk into my seat and Shelby perked up.
" who's Grayson? " Shelby asked again, looking between the two of us.
" my boyfriends twin brother " Kaylee said, making Shelby's eyes open in shock.
" so he's hot as fuck too? " She asked, Kaylee answering all of the questions.
" yes, but that's besides the point " she answered, laughing a bit before looking at me as if to want my answer.
I sighed, ready to answer the question I knew she'd ask at some point.
" when I went up to the tree he was there... and I was going to go up and speak to him but I got nervous, then he saw me and just left " I explained, while Kaylee rolled her eyes.
" that boy runs away from all of his problems, you need to sort it out " Kaylee groaned, and I nodded, not agreeing fully.
Grayson doesn't run away from his problems, in fact he's probably the strongest person I know. He's been through so much, and apparently I don't even know it all yet.
" what happened? " Shelby questioned, making me breathe out a sigh.
I had no clue whether to tell her or not, since we only met a couple days ago, but I felt as if I already knew her. We instantly clicked, and in the matter of two days she's shown signs of a true friend and trust for me.
" if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to, honestly " Shelby reassured me, and I shook my head, cutting her off and letting her know that I'd tell her.
I wasn't about to explain what happened to Grayson for this to happen, because I know how hard it is for Grayson to even think about it. That's for him to share if he wants to, not me.
" Grayson and I dated, and just recently I told him we needed a break because of a problem we were going through... it was nothing to do with us as a couple but something that was happened to try and split us up, I guess. So we're currently not together, as much as I want to be and I know he does too... I stupidly cut things off thinking it would help us but I know now that it was a mistake " I said quickly, her facial expression showing nothing but sympathy.
" oh god, I'm sorry " She apologised, until I interrupted.
" don't be sorry, it's fine " I shrugged, though inside I was actually struggling to get through a day without Grayson.
The topic immediately changed after that, discussing random things until our food arrived. It was then that I realised how hungry I really was, especially after shopping all day. It does drain you, after all.

I thought about what Grayson could be up to right now, while I'm out with my friends, acting as if I'm okay, when I'm really not.

Little did I know, he wasn't up to much.
Other than healing because of something
he'd done out of anger,
over me.

_____

A/N- I might double update oops