chapter forty six

1 week until prom.

My hand dove into the bag of chips hat Kaylee had just opened, eating a full hand full like my life depended on it.
Kaylee, Brady and Shelby were all at my house, and we weren't doing anything in particular. We were just listening to music, and chatting.
The song out of my league by fitz and the tantrums was blaring through the speakers, while Brady and Kaylee danced together, looking like complete idiots.
Brady jumped on my bed, holding both of Kaylee's hands as they sang the lyrics at the top of their lungs. I laughed at them, soon being pulled up to join them, along with Shelby.
We were all crazy, doing the weirdest dance moves together and giggling non stop as we did so.
" if this is us in a fucking bedroom, imagine us at prom " Brady chuckled, while we stopped, sitting back down on the bed breathless.
" are you still going as my mate date? " Shelby laughed, looking at Brady who's eyes went wide.
He literally slapped himself in the face, burying it into his hands out of frustration and letting out a groan.
" what? " Kaylee asked him, confused.
" I forgot to tell you, but some hot bisexual guy asked me... I've been talking to him for a little while and he wants to go with me " Brady breathed out, waiting for Shelby's reaction.
The girl looked down at the bed, a frown on her face until she replaced it with a smile, one which I knew was forced.
" is it okay if I go with him? " Brady asked her, hope in his eyes as she shrugged, nodding her head after.
" it's fine... Brady, I don't want to stop you from having fun with some hot guy " Shelby chuckled, although I could tell she was a little lost.
Brady squealed, throwing himself at her and hugging Shelby tightly.
" thank you thank you thank you! " He screamed out, while she shrugged as if it were nothing.
I watched her, waiting for her to speak until she looked at me, her lips pursed in a straight line. I knew she wasn't annoyed at Brady and how he had found someone else to go with, but she was worried about going alone. She didn't want to have to dance alone, or sit alone, get photos alone and even enter alone.

" bye bitches " Brady yelled, stood on my front porch.
He did what he usually does, twerking on my steps before blowing us a kiss and leaving. It always makes us laugh, because of weird but hilarious he is.
It was now just Kaylee, Shelby and I, so we made our way back up to my room in silence.
" so, what are you going to do now? " Kaylee asked Shelby as soon as I pushed open the door.
My cousin ran to my bed, belly flopping onto it before laying on her back, watching us both.
Shelby shrugged, letting out a sigh.
" I'm fine for Brady to go with someone else... I just don't want to look stupid because I'm alone " She said, taking a few of the chips from the almost finished bag.
I nodded, completely understanding.
" you won't be alone... you can always hang with me, Gray and Brady and the other guy " I told her, not even knowing the name of the hot bisexual guy, as Brady called him.
" and third wheel each couple? No thanks " She scoffed, laying back beside Kaylee.
It was silent, before she spoke up again.
" I honestly don't feel like going now " Shelby mumbled, making Kaylee gasp.
" you can't not go! It's prom! I almost didn't go and boy was I lucky Isabella made me... " My cousin explained, making me laugh as I remembered it.
Kaylee was never the one for school dances, but I insisted she went to prom. She did, and she loved it, mainly because she managed to sneak in alcohol and got black out drunk. It's safe to say that Kaylee wasn't exactly liked by the teachers at Bridgewater High, but she was loved by the students.
" you're going. I don't want you to miss out, because I know you'll regret it " I told her, eating another few chips while Shelby sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

I left it at that, knowing that I'd find a way to fully persuade her into going. It's prom, the night we've been waiting for for what seems like forever.

_______

A/N- I'm going to try and update a lot tonight! The book is almost over omfg

BUT

the sequel will be coming out so soon!!

I start school tomorrow, so that's exciting. Lmao it's not, but I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and doing Art! I chose that for one of my subjects so I'm happy ( I'm going into year 10 so )