chapter sixteen

I scurried towards the tree, smiling as I reached the large blooming branches. As I slipped my bag off of my shoulder I looked behind me, watching to see if Grayson was on his way or at least to be seen.

School had just finished, and Grayson had said that he'd pick me up and drop me off at Kaylee's house. I haven't seen my cousin in a week or so, so I agreed. Obviously, our meeting point was the tree, because who wants to wait out by the parking lot when you can meet by a cute setup? Not Grayson.

I pulled out my phone as I waited, my finger swiping the unlock button and searching through my apps for something to help pass the time. As I clicked onto twitter, the sound of leaves crunching beneath heavy feet were heard, and my eyes lit up automatically at the thought of seeing Grayson, or, my boyfriend, again. Even though I see him almost everyday, it doesn't make me any less excited.

As soon as I looked up, I noticed an unfamiliar pair of shoes. Not the stylish pair Grayson chooses to wear all the time, but the sporty trainers that belonged to Parker.
" hey, I thought I'd find you up here " He chuckled, crouching down and sitting beside me, with no invite of course.
This guy clearly has a habit of showing up without an invite. A bad habit, to be precise.
" hey " I responded bluntly, not sure of how to act as he played with the grass, pulling little strands out like we all used to do.
" did you do the chemistry homework? " Parker asked, ready for the following question of ' can you do it for me? ' as soon as I responded.
" yeah, did you? " I repeated, already knowing the answer.
He smirked, running a hand through his hair and nodding.
" yep, I did. I think your tutoring paid off, because I actually think I did pretty good " He informed, and I smiled a genuine smile.
" so thanks " He added, earning a nod.
" no problem... " I trailed off, his gaze on me stronger than ever which confused me.

It was silent, only the sound of distant chattering to be heard from the soccer field. I watched our ahead of me as I awaited Grayson to appear any moment now, and take in the view of his enemy and girlfriend chatting. I knew it wouldn't be good, but I couldn't exactly escape right now.
" so, where is the grinch hiding today? " Parker smirked, obviously referring to Grayson.
I sighed, rolling my eyes at his childish behaviour.
" he's on his way here, to pick me up " I answered, completely ignoring that this boy had just called my boyfriend the grinch.
" so you agree that he's like the grinch? " Parker added, irritating me more.
" when the fuck did I say that? You're plucking things out of thin air, you know that, right? " I snapped, as he fell silent, obviously realising that he'd annoyed me.
" I hate h- " Parker began, before I cut him off.
" you've said... fifty times " I groaned, burying my face into my hands before looking back out in hopes of seeing Gray.
It went silent again, the sound of Parker breathing clear.
" I'll give him one thing, he has nice hair " Parker randomly said, making me laugh.

I know

Soon a muscular figure was towering above us, a hand stretched out in front of me as if gesturing to take it. I gulped as I knew who it was, accepting their hand and being pulled up to my feet.
" you ready, Bella? " Grayson smiled happily, his hands on my waist before he turned to look at Parker, who was now stood beside me.
His breath hitched and his jaw clenched as he looked him up and down, back at me with an agitated look on his face.
" does this piece of shit have to join us, or are we free to go? " Grayson spat, looking down at me, his words making Parker scoff.
" we can go " I said almost inaudible, being pulled away by Grayson, who definitely didn't want me in Parker's company any longer...

______

I stared out the car window watching everything go by as Gray drove, the quiet music in the background. I hummed along, enjoying the relaxing beat of the song.
" how was school? " Grayson asked, turning a left down the road, towards Kaylee's house.
" boring " I said honestly, making him chuckle.
I turned all of my attention to the god before me, admiring all of his features like I do everyday, before the car came to a stop.
" can I pick you up? " Grayson asked with a smile, showing his pearly white teeth.
" if you want " I laughed, raising a brow.
" baby, that's why I offered " He smirked, leaning over and opening the car door for me.
I watched as he didn't move, sat still in the car seat as he waited for me to leave.
" you aren't coming? " I shrugged.
He took a few seconds to reply, avoiding eye contact as he looked at the steering wheel and back at me.
" I have to go out with Ethan and the family, so I can't... but I'll pick you up in a couple hours, okay? " Grayson smiled, covering up whatever look of fear or guilt he had written all over his face before.
I nodded, leaning over and connecting my lips with his. He kissed back, our lips moulding together perfectly before I pulled away, saying goodbye and climbing out of the car door.
I really wanted to say I love you right then and there, but I held it back. It's too soon, I think.

As soon as I made my way up Kaylee's path Grayson drove away, speeding down the road in a rush. I ignored it, reaching the door and fumbling with the handle. It was locked, no surprise there. I dug my hand into my coat pocket and searched around for my spare key which she'd given me, finding it and inserting it into the lock swiftly. As soon as I pushed open the door my eyes opened widely in horror, covering my face at the sight of Kaylee on top of a boy, half naked. Luckily I'd walked in before any other activities took place, but I'd walked in soon enough to know what would've happened if I hadn't.

She gasped, throwing herself off of the guy, who I couldn't see the face of. Kaylee grabbed her t shirt from the floor, throwing it over her bra and fixing her hair, recollecting herself as she made her way to greet me as best as possible.

" Hey... I forgot you were stopping by " Kaylee chuckled awkwardly, looking back at the mysterious hook up who raised his head.
My breath hitched as I looked at him, completely shocked and unable to react.
" Hey Isabella " He waved uncomfortably, my jaw dropping.
My mind whirled with questions as I looked between them both, not able to speak due to the extreme confusion.

Ethan

_____

A/N- oh shit