Goodbye, Richie Kray

After being dropped off at some high rise complex, it registered in my head that I shouldn't of agreed to come to her place, but I'd put her in a frightening situation so the least I could do was offer the lass some of my company to put the nightmares at ease. Had it been a bloke I'd of done the same. Even though scenes like that were as normal to me as buying a pint of milk, I knew that to the normal everyday person it was quite the fackin' opposite.
We didn't speak all that much as we walked the flights of steps. How anyone could be arsed climbing up and down these on a daily was beyond me, but I'll bet it did wonders for the leg muscles.

"This is my floor"

"Well now there's a relief ain't it"

"Give over, you're far too in shape to be complaining about a few steps" The grin she flashed from over her shoulder as she unlocked the door almost had me for a second. Jada... call Jada and give yourself a minute you fackin' idiot,

"I need to just make a call, you don't mind do ya?"

"Oh..." That smile of hers faded,
"No not at all. I'll stick the kettle on. Tea two still?"

"I cut the sugar out long ago" I patted my stomach,

"Course you did. Don't be too long though yeah?"

"Course not" I waited until the door closed behind her before I held me phone to me ear. Cmon Jadey, answer the phone darlin'... let me hear that beautiful voice...

"Hi..." My shoulders instantly dropped with ease,

"Just... carry on talkin' to me will ya babe"

"Richie?" The little chuckle she did made me blood rush,
"Is everything okay? When are you home? I miss you" I closed my eyes, softly grinning at the smile in her voice,

"I'll be on me way very soon. And I can't wait to squeeze the life out a ya"

"It's been a long day, just come home to me"

"There's nothing more in the world I want more right now Jada, but I can't, I've... I got some last minute business that can't be ignored. But I promise I'll be home as soon as I can. Alright babe?"

"Ok..." I hated the sound of disappointed in her voice, hated it with a passion,
"I can't stop thinking about Tyson, Richie"

"I know... I do. Actually... I found out who did it, and if it makes you feel a little better just know that the bastards ain't breathing. Actually it's what I'm cleaning up right now, so"

"What? Really?"

"Yeah babe. Anyway, Jada, the quicker I end this situation the quicker I'll be home. I'm gonna let ya go, alright? I love you, more than you'll ever know"

"It's fine don't worry. Just get home safely, and I love you more"

"Impossible that Jada"

"Is it?" Her soft giggle really was the sweetest sound I'd ever heard,

"It is. Night babe. See you very soon"

"I'll be waiting up. Night handsome" And at that, she was gone.
I knew that just hearing her voice would set the world right again. I was half tempted to just leg it from 'ere, but the gentleman within me told me to go 'ave a word with the traumatized lass, put her at ease and then fack off home to the missus.
I inhaled and exhaled deeply, before opening the door.

Inside was very classy, I wasn't expecting such a nice gaff given it being on a complex, but Sarah always had a bit of style to her, it actually surprised me seeing her work in a dump and live in an area rougher than most round these ends. She was sat on an L-shaped leather sofa, my brew resting next to hers on the coffee table, she was waiting for me before she could sip her cup of rosie lee,