a different Sophie?

Troy's POV

After 2 weeks with a lot of football practice and endless rainy days, I was happy I was back in school on a sunny Thursday morning. I walked to school with Sawyer who was eating his second sandwich already. We went towards our lockers where we saw Ricky all freaked out and Newt trying to calm him.

"Hey, good morning, are you okay Ricky?" I said and Newt gave me a worrying glance.

"Wfhat fhapbened?" Sawyer said with a full mouth.

"The end of the world is near." Ricky whispered. We all had the "what the heck are you talking about" look on our faces so he continued. "This morning I spilled juice, all over Sophie's dress, and she didn't hit me. Not even put a curse on me. Two days ago, everyone at home showered and there was no hot water left for Sophie, and she didn't scream, and last week, Raph took her underwear and turned it into a kite, and she didn't snap. So we all came up to the conclusion she's either a clone, or an alien. This is NOT our sister."

"As interesting as this sounds, I doubt Sophie was abducted by aliens, she is probably coming up with an evil plan to get you back!"

"I'm doing what now?" Sophie's voice echoed and we all turned to face her.

Her impeccable features were right across of me, and her face was glowing. She was wearing this awesome outfit, with jeans shorts, and boots, and a gypsy cardigan and her wavy long hair was falling perfectly on her face. Without even trying she clearly held the title of the most beautiful girl at school.

"Oh Sophie, I didn't see you there, well, I didn't mean to... Newt stuttered "um you know, I mean I am your friend, please don't include me in your revenge plan!" and then he fell on the floor on his knees begging "Please don't hurt me!"

"What are you talking about Newt? What plan? I'm not looking for revenge from anyone." She responded all confused.

"But.., but I spilled juice on you" Ricky stuttered.

"Yes, and I changed clothes duh! She signaled me and Sawyer to make room, "Excuse me, I have to get my books" and she passed between us.

"Do you need help carrying them?" I asked as I could see it was Physics, a huge ass book, and extra heavy along with a couple more. "I can carry them for you" I added. She looked at me, and I had a feeling that she would say something mean, to insult me as always or make a mean joke like "you can't even carry your own books"

"Could you? This science book is so heavy." Caught me off guard. Honestly, something has changed on Sophie.

"Sure, give me that Bible!" I joked and right at that moment Ricky run away screaming "THEY ARE HERE! THE END IS NEAR". Sophie rolled her eyes, and walked towards the stairs. Newt was still on his knees with his mouth wide open, and Sawyer too with an unfinished sandwich in his hand. "See you at class guys" I said and followed her to the class.

While we were heading to Sophie's classroom, I saw many kids starring at us, they must have been thinking we're dating. It did look a bit weird, me and Sophie walking together at school hallway and not fighting with each other, but actually me carrying her books. I looked at her and I really wanted to ask her about her "change" but I knew she wouldn't admit it. Could it be related to our fight in Sawyer's truck? But if our fight was really the reason this must mean something. I mean since when Sophie, cares about what I say to her, and what I think about her attitude, even let me carry her books. I'm probably just overthinking but still it is somehow weird.

"Troy, we're here!"

"Oh right, there you go" I said and gave her the books, "Thank you Troy!" she smiled.

"Don't mention it, I'll see you at lunch"

Sophie's POV

I saw Bella, so I went and took a seat next to her, she had a weird look in her face

"Did I just see Troy carrying your books?"

"Yes, he offered to help me"

"And you said yes? Wow, I guess you did change just like Ricky told me! Any more details, on you being a whole different person?"

"I am not a different person, Bella."

"Seriously? Back when Raph made your underwear a kite, you almost choked him to death! And last time someone carried your books, was... let me think... NEVER!

"Well, karma is a bitch. And I thought I should start treating people a bit more nicely."

"True that! Well as long as you're okay, and not an alien!" Bella cringed.

"Oh my GOD, Ricky needs to STOP watching the X-files." I said and we both laughed.

Troy's POV

I found Newt sitting with Asha at Starcade, and they really looked so cute together. I joined them after I got myself a protein shake.

"Hey guys. What's up?"

"Oh hey, we were just trying to decide which movie to watch. But, absolutely not a sci-fi. Ricky has scared me so much with this whole alien invasion thing"

"I'd pick an adventure, or mayb-

Cling

I got interrupted by my phone. "Oh I have a new message!"

- Hi handsome, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out tomorrow? –

HEY GUYS LONG TIME NO SEE! BUT UNIVERSITY IS KILLING ME, LOL ALSO I HAD THE FUCKING WRITER'S BLOCK AND I COULDN'T EVEN PUT A WORD RIGHT IN THIS! Pls forgive me it took me so long, but I was working on multiple chapters, so hopefully the next ones will not take that long. Hehe