The Dance part 1

There was a chaos around the school , Sophie had a terrible headache and she couldn't even feel the excitement that was all around . Pepper was mumbling something but she wasn't paying attention.

She felt a poke in her arm "Sophie? Did you hear anything of what I just said?"

"I really didn't" her head seemed like it would fall apart any minute now

"I said we need to go shopping one of these days to pick something amazing to wear at the dance!" Sophie rolled her eyes and Pepper gave her a pleading look

"I just don't understand why this dance is happening, and why is it so important to everyone."

"Cause we are not aloud to go at any clubs to party and this is our only chance to do something similar to a huge party"

"With teachers paying attention to every move we make?"

"Well, they said that only the principal and coach will be around"

"Wow, fun!" Sophie added ironically and she went to her class. She sat down and she saw a little note at her desk. "Will you be my date for the dance?" J . Oh no.. here we go, she definitely didn't care about that J guy, but she caught with her eye, Jordan smiling at her from across the room. She quickly looked away and caught pepper starring at the note.

"What's this? A love note? Did someone ask you to the dance?"

"No, just some prank." She felt she had to lie because no one has asked Pepper to the dance yet, and Jason would take his beautiful girlfriend with him, and that will also break her heart even more.

"As you all know, the dance will take place next Friday" there was screaming and clapping and whistling at the locker room "But you need to remember that next Monday we will have a very demanding game and I want all of you to be at your best shape.

"Coach we are going to win Whitworth don't worry!"

"Its not about winning, I want you to show the best you can do! Have I made myself clear?"

A not so loud yeah was heard across the room, and coach gave them a look so they all yelled

"Yes!"

"Good, that's my team!"

"Bells i have found the most amazing outfit for the dance!" Newt whispered while showing the screen of his phone to Bella.

"Oh my god, that is absolutely amazing! I still haven't found anything I really need to go shopping with the girls. How about you guys? Any idea what you going to wear?"

"Im thinking of going all cowboy style, cause it represents me the best. I even got a new hat, pale yellow, the color of sunset" Troy glanced at him with a grin as did Newt and Bella.

"How bout you Troy?"

"Oh , I haven't really thought about it. Do you all have dates already?"

"Nope" Sawyer said "but who cares?"

"I am going with Zach and I'm pretty sure Newt will go with Asha, right?"

"Well, we haven't really talked about it, I mean, I don't know if we are like together anymore.."

"What?" Troy Sawyer and Bella said in unison.

"Yeah, lately I felt like we didn't fit, so we haven't really been hanging out"

"Does that mean you are into Sophie again?" Troy sounded anxious "you don't want to get your heartbroken again right?"

"Oh no, absolutely not, Sophie is like my best friend. i'm just not interested in anyone right now. Is it so bad?"