Not the worst detention

Sophie's POV

As soon as the class was over, I picked up my stuff and headed towards the door, I was so mad at Troy, we would be in detention together and who knows how many other weird kids would be there , the known as the detentioners! The new guy was talking to Mrs. Snow about the rest of the classes and where exactly each classroom was, of course the teacher saw me passing by and besides the detention she also asked me to give Jason a tour of the school, I tried to deny but then I remembered that she already gave me a detention so, I couldn't say no to that.

We were walking on the hallways and I tried to explain everything really fast but this guy really wanted to start a conversation.

"So, um, your name?

"Sophie, I said while walking fast trying to finish this school tour as soon as possible.

After I showed him most parts of the school and explained the schedule I left him at the lockers,

"I'm glad you were the one showing me around!' 

"Yeah, i took a long pause , I'm not, I don't do responsibilities, you're lucky cause I already got a detention and our teacher wouldn't let me say no"

"Oh yeah, what happened back there during class?"

"Troy! That's what happened!"

Troy's voice in the back: "Why are you talking about me again?"

Troy's POV

I heard Sophie calling my name once again, so I walked towards the lockers, where apparently the new handsome boy was with her, I'm sure he was hitting on her, cause there's no doubt Sophie is one of the most attractive girls at school, and this guy really seems annoying, I bet all the girls will like him sooner or later.

"Troy I was explaining to Jason why I will be in detention today! Because of you!"

"Really me? Cause last time I checked you took my book!" i said and looked at her, this girl always wants to create a mess.

"We haven't met have we? You must be Troy, I recognized you from a football team photo

"Yes, new guy, that's me! Flesh and blood, and I have to tell you, many girls in this school have a major crush on me! Yes. That's right.

"Oh my god! Sophie rolled her eyes. "This is too much already, I'm out!

"The detention will be at the library today, "I yelled at her while she walked away

"What? Why?

"Apparently there are many books that need to be organized and...

Sophie rolled her eyes and came really close and aggressively onto me

'I will remind you once again! This is all your fault!"

Sophie's POV

After the last bell rang, everyone went home, I said goodbye to Bella and Pepper who tried to keep me calm

"We'll be at the starcade if you're done early come find us"

"Okay Bella I will, can I bring Troy's dead body with me?"

"No, please, no! Pepper responded .

At the library

"Well, we have 2 new people with us today, Dixon Delarosa, how come you're in detention, especially you Troy, you've never been here. Sophie is a usual visitor at the principal's office just becasue she likes to torture people at school, especially her own brothers"

"Well you'd be happy to know that this is also Delarosa's fault sir"

"Mine? Can you please explain to Mr. Anton your amazing talent to annoy people"

"Okay then, I got it, thank you. I have a theory though. People who do not get along with each other can make good work happen, so you two will be organizing the books in section 4, good luck! Please dont kill each other."

We were rearranging books, actually I did absolutely nothing but reading the titles and labels, as I put Troy to do all the hard work since he's easy to handle.

"So when will you put some books on the correct shelves? Said Troy on a heavy breathing

"I'm sorry what? Are you tired already? You are taller than me, this is your job, besides you're the reason we're here in the first place, you started this, with your annoying way to read "silently".

Troy took a deep breath I really thought he would find a good come back but he didn't say anything to me, not a single word he kept putting the books on the correct shelves, and he didn't speak to me until the detention was over, I have to say it was really quiet for me, so boring actually, it's not that I enjoy fighting with Troy all the time, but it was awfully quiet, compared to my crazy house.

Troy's POV

Truth was I had started this whole thing when I realized I was actually mumbling the words while I read and Sophie was annoyed by it, I tried to do it even louder so I decided not to say anything and just do the hard work, besides I'm the Troy, capable to do stuff like that. It was weird not fighting with Sophie for once, bit boring to be honest, but we couldn't risk for another detention during detention.

"Okay people that's it for today, I hope besides putting the books on the correct shelves you also read the synopsis of each book, and.. Oh Cassie please stop with the lip-gloss, you have enough make-up on girl! Troy, Sophie, good job you guys, perfectly arranged, you should work together more often"

"No" we both said at the same time.

"So I guess it wasn't bad after all, this type of detention, Sophie said to me while we walked out of the library.

"Yeah although you didn't even put a single book up on a shelf"

"Exactly!"

"So, how about a milkshake at starcade?

"Only if it's on you, said Sophie with a smile!

"Um, does it count if it's on me but with Newt's money?

"Totally!