Chapter 21 : Graduation

Graduation Day

_____________

"Oh my gosh; we're finally graduating! Can you believe it Eli!" Charlie squealed. Every since we met in ninth grade we couldn't wait to graduate high school so we could spend the summer together in Miami.

It won't happen but I'm not going to tell her that. She'll most likely talk me into not leaving. Everybody would. I feel the verge of guilt come along knowing I'm going to break her promise. 

"Oh, I can believe it Charlie." I said with a small smile. I was going to miss her. Sighing, i turned around and looked in the body mirror that was her room. I was wearing an black lace dress that flared out and stopped at mid thigh. I had my hair curled  with a Chinese bang cover part of my eyes. Of course i had to look somewhat suffocated so i put on my black glasses. I had some black studded heels on as well. Since this was my last day in Virginia, why not look good? 

" Look at the bright side; graduating gives you a closer step to getting married to Chris and having a loving family, Me i can find me a man and start mines as well." She ranted. 

I frowned a little as more guilt consumed my body. What about  Chris? I love him, i can't hesitated and say i don't because i do. But i need this change for me. If our fate was true we'll see each other again. 

I watched as Charlie made weird faces in the mirror behind me making me crack a smile. "Ready to graduate babes?" She asked me. 

"More than ready" 

___

"We gather you all here today to open doors to our graduates of 2013 for their futures. Our students have bright ones ahead of them and leading them to the road of college letting them continue their journey to make something of themselves.--"

After that, I purposely blocked out Principal Trinity speech. It's odd i did because i remember every year as i edge closer towards graduating i would listen to see what he'll say. With everything clouding my mind i wasn't exactly in the mood to listen. I was basically proposing my education and future so i can get away and clear my mind. Somewhat erase the past and come up with a different motto because 'Smiling the pain away' doesn't exactly work anymore. 

Not when people can see through those smiles. 

Not when smiling doesn't even faze the pain. 

Rubbing my hands up and down my gown, i shifted my right leg over my right crossing them. Looking around spotting many faces; My dad's, Uncle Jaylen , Mama J, Charlie's mom : Carol. I'm somewhat sad that Melissa didn't come. Somewhat... But she made an excuse saying 'she had morning sickness' well not an excuse really, she was bowled over the toilet this morning. 

I felt her pain before. Only if i could at least saved one baby. 

One of my kids. 

I'm seventeen and i already had an chance to mother 10 freakin' children. Wow.

"Christopher Brown" I heard them announced. I smiled before clapping as Chris Made his way up to the stage in his cap and gown, you could see the all white suit he had underneath. He shook some of the administrations hands as they handed him his diploma. Smiling, he turned around to break a move making every body laugh as he walked off the stage-- not before giving me a wink which made my heart skip a beat. 

Not really caring for people i didn't know getting called up. Not because i was being harsh.. 

I just didn't care about them. 

Okay that came out harsh. 

But one name stuck out to me. 

"Michael Stevenson." They said to be greeted with silence. Looking a couple seats ahead i noticed that Michael's seat was empty. 

The principal was talking to some people until he started calling people after Ty since he wasn't present. Even though i haven't seen Michael well as in conversations and all that, i haven't talked to him for nearly five months. I ask Chris usually what's up with him but he just shrugs. 

"Charlie Valentino" i lifted my head to see Charlie skipping in her five inch heels all the way to the stage as if she was a five year old princess well more like an five year old brat. 

I never noticed how many people had an last name with V's, and W's. It was taking forever. 

"Eliza-Marie Williams" I stood up as many people applaud for me as i went in the direction of the stage. When my mom enrolled me into the school or any place; on my birth certificate, i technically don't have an Middle name because my name is Eliza-Marie, Which doesn't make no sense. 

Shaking many hands and plastering some smiles, i finally got my diploma. I turned around to smile seeing my family take pictures of me. Scanning the whole place, one face stuck out to me. His lips curved into a smile as he clapped for me giving me an wink. 

Jesse. 

_________

Vote and comment. 1 more chapter left.  If i get atleast five comments i'll go ahead and post 18 :)