Chapter 13

The lunch went well. My family like Shannon and I couldn't be happier. After lunch we went back to the room and I just lay on the bed looking up at the ceiling smiling while Shan did something on her laptop in the corner of the room. I felt someone lie next to me and I looked over at Shannon and cuddled into her.

Sophie: How did I get this lucky?

Shannon: what do you mean?

Sophie: I am lying next to the most attractive, talented, amazing person in the world and get to call her mine. It can't be real.

Shannon: this is real. No matter how hard you aren't gonna scare me off. I promise, I'm here for a long time and I love you more than you could ever imagine.

Sophie:  not as much as I love you. Trust me.

We lay there for a while until we heard a knock at the room door. We both looked at each other puzzled. They knocked again. I got up and went to the door. I opened it very caustically. I saw Alex stood at the other side. I smiled at her but I saw the tears in her eyes, I opened the door and motioned for her to come in.  she sat in the chair opposite me and Shan on the bed.

Alex: Sorry to interrupt you guys but I thought you should know that Ally is down in the restaurant with her new girl.

Sophie: oh ok.

My face dropped. I felt the colour drain out of my face. Why did she have to turn up now? Every time I am finally happy she pops up. She tries to worm her way back into my life and last time that meant one of my friends getting hurt. Not this time. I'm not getting involved with that bitch again.

Shannon: you're ex Ally?

Alex and Sophie (both together): yeah my ex.

Shannon: wait what? You both dated Ally.

Sophie: Yeah. I dated Ally for what 6 months and we were pretty serious then I caught her cheating with a dude. I broke up with her then and there. I didn't talk to her for a few months then she popped up here and I kept in the kitchen not leaving the confines. Avoiding her. Then the next thing I know she is in the kitchen all over Alex. I got very protective of Alex over the next few weeks telling her about Ally cheating in the past and her history and such. She didn't believe me until I told her about what happened with me.

Alex: I then went over to hers that night to talk to Ally about her past. She told me straight about cheating in her past but promised not to cheat on me and I believed her. I told Sophie that we talked and that we were ok. Life went on but Ally got more and more interested in me at work. Who was there? When she picked me up got earlier and earlier. I thought she was getting possessive. I back away a bit but she kept showing up at work and being there when I went out with friends. This went on for a week or two until I found Ally trying to force Sophie to hook up with her.

Tears began to run down Alex's cheeks.

Sophie: I refused but she wouldn't shut up about how she has always regretted what happened between us. She was ready for a serious relationship. She was in love with me and that we were meant to be. I was being slowly pushed into a toilet cubicle when she began to forcefully kiss me and push me back into the cubicle with more force. I pushed back and got free and ran to find Alex to get her out of there because I didn't know she had seen any of what had happened. She didn't talk to me. Ally came over to me and I full on slapped her because she had not only ruined her relationship but also my friendship. I got kicked out of the bar we were in after I slapped her. I left after that.

Alex: I then slapped Ally and we both got kicked out. I asked her if she was ever into me or if she just wanted Sophie. She told me that she thought I was hot but she just wanted revenge on Sophie and that is what she got. She had ruined her happiness like Sophie had ruined hers. I left the bar and neither of us has seen Ally since that night and I don't want to go back down there.

Shannon: You don't have to. We can keep you hostage in here for the night.

Sophie: yeah. We can watch films, eat crap and drink. Sound good?

Alex: yeah but you two are just gonna make out all night and I will the third wheel again.

Sophie: what if I get another friend to venture out here for the night?

Alex: is just your way of setting me up again?

Sophie: of course not.

I smirked and Shannon laughed.

Alex: fine but only if it is someone that is nice. I don't want no mean girl.

Shannon: none of my friends then.

We all laughed.

Sophie: I know who I'm gonna set you up with ok. I will phone her after I go and tell TJ I am holding you hostage for the night and I am stealing linen for you ok.

Alex: ok

Shannon: bye babe

Sophie: Bye guys.

I gave Shan a quick kiss and left to see TJ. She understood straight away and told me to keep her for tomorrow as well. I got us drinks and stole duvets and pillows from the linen closet and went back to the room. Before I went back to the room I phoned a friend for Alex.

Shannon: who did you call then babe?

Sophie: you will both find out at the same time.

Alex: I hate you at this moment in time.

Sophie: I know. I love you too.

Alex: not in front of Shan she might get jealous.

Sophie: she's especially hot when she's jealous so I might just keep going.

Shannon: Sophie. Stop.

Sophie: alright babe.

There was a sudden knock at the door. I got up and opened it. The person I phoned was stood in front of me. I smiled and opened the door the whole way and let her in.