Chapter 7

We were the last car to arrive at the café and before we all got out the car Harley kissed cherry and I kissed Shan. We all knew that we couldn't get caught because even though it was less pressure on getting caught there was tonnes more pressure on us to act differently around each other.  I pulled away and I saw her expression drop so I kissed her again until I felt a hand on my shoulder that definitely wasn't Shan's as her arms were round my waist. I pulled away and saw Harley's arm on my shoulder

Sophie: H why did you make me pull away?

Harley: look out your windscreen

I turned and saw every one of my friends sat in the window of the café with their jaws on the floor.

Sophie: Oh fuck. Shan I am so sorry.

Shannon: Why you sorry? It's as much my fault as it is yours.

Sophie: wait H did they see you two as well.

Harley: yep

Cherry: we have all been caught.

We all got out the car and I intertwined my hand with Shan's and Harley did the same with Cherry. If we were caught we weren't gonna hide it anymore. Sat there at breakfast everyone still sat there gobsmacked at the fact they had just witnessed me and Shannon as well as Harley and Cherry making out in my car.

The breakfast went really fast as I spent most of it kissing Shan to my friends disgust. We were acting really lovey like we had been together for months and not just kind of friends kind of more but nothing was official yet. We kept seeing people looking at us through the front window of the café but everything was fine until half the rugby team she played for walked in. Shannon suddenly acted very different and I knew why. They all thought she was straight and she wasn't read for them to know she was kind of with a girl.

Sophie: Hey Shan, do you wanna get out of here I can take you home or back to my place for a bit?

Shannon: no, I'm ok at the moment but if they come over do you mind if...

Sophie: Shan it's ok stop acting like you are the only girl in the world that makes my world spin.

Shannon: hey I'm sorry but they're homophobic.

Sophie: Don't worry I understand how this feels remember. I don't want you to rush into anything with me. You know that ont you. If we are moving to fast please tell me.

As I said this I felt Shannon put her hand on my thigh.

Shannon: we aren't moving to fast.

I just smirked as I rubbed my hand up and down her thigh. She smiled back at me and just as I would have leaned in her rugby mates came over.

Hannah (rugby team mate): Hey Shan, I didn't know you and Sophie were such good friends. I might have guessed you were just using her for homework but so hanging out with them now.

Shannon: they are alright and you know that Hannah, remember you and Sophie were good mates what happened.

Sophie: I turned out gay.

Hannah: Sophie you know that wasn't it don't you it was that our class schedules became very different and we didn't do the same clubs and stuff. We drifted apart.

Sophie: Ok then. I believe you.

Hannah: Shannon you coming? We can take you out to a real party.

Shannon: Nah. I'm ok with these guys you go and sleep with a stranger.

Hannah: ok see you at practise tomorrow.