XVIII

Sometimes you'll never know the value of a moment till it becomes a 'memory'

Chapter 18 (a very long long long long chapter XD)

August 2011

It is the mid of August; fall is here. Today it is raining like crazy.The sound of thunder echoes through my empty room.

Right when the clock struck's 9:05 my eyes pinch watery, and my heart drops a meter down to the floor. He my mate is about to come, any second. I quickly finish icing my bruise, i slide the tray under my bed and wear my cotton nightgown.

"ROSELLA!" My Mates sudden voice roars from downstairs.

I flinch at the sound of him, I get up immediately. My heart is pounding knowing that it is time, want to know what time, it is the beating up time. I keep blinking away my tears several times and quickly unlock my room door. I get out of my room and run down stairs, my body tremble as I do so, and my head throbs with dizziness. As I walk down my mind is worried if I will fall down these 1000 stair case. I run down, and head towards the main entrance. There stood my mate, Ryder. At the door soaked and drunk.

__

I try to get up but – "SLASH" a hard whip hits on my lower back, I scream as loud as I could. More pain hits me on my rib re opening my cuts that were about to heal, I feel dizzy and light headed. "S – STOP, T – THAT HURTS" I cry, but he laughs it away and whips me hard on the neck. My eyes widen as I can feel hot liquid on my body, tears fall like a rush of a rainstorm. "Please" I whisper, "OW!" I scream as I feel a sharpest pain on my arm, more like a knife digging into my flesh. Is this it, am I finally dead now. My eyes slowly close... I feel like I'm about to doze off. Black dots cover my watery vision. That is it.

My eyes dryly open as to hearing a knock on my door. My face feels soaked and all sticky. I get up painfully from my carpet. Yesterday at the end of his 'treat' essentially his 'beating' he threw me in my room, and I cried my heart out on the floor, and I guess I just drifted off asleep. I don't even know. My head spins, I rub my tired eyes, and I manage to get up with the help of my side table. I fumble a bit, slowly balance myself. I limp slowly to the door and open it, my head feels like its banging on the door multiple times, I could hear the beat. My heart rate seems like it had dropped, as I open the door I see Ryder wearing a suit and all ready. "Get Ready, Rosella. We have a coronation to attend" he says as he adjusts his suit, he just eyes blankly right past me and leaves. I nod my head and close the door.

I crouch beside my bed, Ow! Ow! Ow! My knees bruises stretch in pain, I squint my eyes and quickly grab my silver plate with ice from under the bed. I quickly rub the bruises on me, every touch causes a slight sting, but I am used to it. My ears pick up a fidget noise, my heart paces quick and I immediately put the ice and plate under my bed.

"Roe, Roe!" Victoria shook me snatching me out of my thoughts. I took a deep breath and looked at my body I was all fine no more blood just purplish marks. "Quit daydreaming, the coronation is in an hour, and we need to cover you up quick before your monster gets crazy" she giggles lightly. I laugh along and sigh, I wonder how it feels to be marked, to be mated. Victoria grabs my foundation and starts covering my bruises.

I tell you she is an extreme expert. You can hardly see anything. "Rosella Greene, we need to leave in 13 minutes! All Alpha's and Beta's must be their earlier!" Ryder yells. I sigh and get up once Victoria quickly finished.

"What do I wear" I whine. I have no clue what to wear, I didn't even have the best dresses, I mean okay I did have them in my navy blue suitcase in the corner of the closet that my parents gave. Although, I never once touched it.