Chapter 18 || Necromancy

❝ One who knows nothing can understand nothing❞

Chapter 18: Necromancy

All I can hear is the wind howling with massive pressure blowing my hair in different directions, as I wait outside for his car to come out. Owls and Dogs voices echo, the night is smoothly dark and no noises occur but the harsh winds and animals. Finally I hear the car engine start, and see Ryder's car pull up in front of me. Look around outside at the dark area, I get into the car and we both head of to his mysterious place.

"It's night, where are we going at this time?" I ask looking out the window as trees and houses pass by. Nothing more than this felt a relief, sitting with him and bot getting tortured.

"I am going to show you my world, something which you haven't seen" he smiles, I nod my head eyeing my phone as different notifications kept on popping up. Everyone is texting me asking me to do this, or that, or to destroy them there right at the moment but I need him to gain my trust. Like how he did for 3 years, which obviously I won't be doing for that long.

Time ticks by slowly, I can't help but yawn and look at the window. "So where is Ryder? I mean go do you look like him?"

"It is a pretty long story... why?" he asks looking at me.

"Cause, I want to know..." I trail off the obvious. I look at him with pleading eyes hoping he can tell me his side of story. I feel like everyone when are in a fight should tell their ideas, everyone has their reasons and I believe it should be respected even if someone takes it the total opposite way.

Within the silence, he doesn't say anything so I give up and look back at the window. I need to record his story, I eye my phone that has the record button all set but he won't even sp – "It all started..." as soon as I hear him say that I quickly turn on the record button.

I look at him, his face shows stress. What is he so tensed about? "I don't know what the people think of us but what they think is the total opposite of us. When I was a young boy I had a twin brother named Ryder... He was different from us, he was full on werewolf, while we were all demon; but of course my mom was half werewolf and half demon though she died in an accident. You see, it is all complicated... I am also related to Justin because of our grandparents. My grandpa was all about powers, he wanted it all I was a young boy and my dad he didn't really know what was going on... when my grandpa attacks the kingdom he lost and I knew everything. I told my dad but he said that his father wouldn't destroy innocents just for magic. Well after years... my grandpa died my Father changed he got mad at all the werewolf's like you guys specifically. You werewolves hate demons even though we aren't the black demons you think we are we are just humans and have demons things inside of us if that made any sense... I got lost in my dad words too... so I am helping him by getting some magic back to keep our community living, since your kingdom keeps taking away our magic making us week... I know this is crazy, it probably doesn't even makes sense to you –

"I get you" I smile. This doesn't make sense, who is the bad guy now. Oh god this is just a misunderstanding between to clans but the truth is the Eurynome are still evil and are still destroying innocents when they should just confront the kingdom and speak about it. Or then have war?

The car ride turned out to be pretty quiet afterwards, All I did was watch the trees and houses past by until we arrived at a desert reserved like area. This area seems very uncanny, like as if it's one of the scene from a horror film where it's all dark and a car is driving, and then suddenly bloody ghosts pop up. Shoving my incoherent thoughts away we drive into a busy town. More like a village, parking the car I get out of the car and look around. It's all so quiet everyone is probably asleep.