Chapter 19

Leif's POV

I had put trackers in Lillian's shoes. All of them. My hope was if she was taken by Justin anywhere then at least one of her trackers would be on her. Everyday I dropped her off at Lou's, the days when she was around two years of age were the better days for Daisy. Many days we would end up at Aspen's so our girls could play, especially if Lillian was her two year old self.

On these days, we had learned a lot about the two, but also about our own relationship. The main thing for us was I truly did love her, but since I wanted more control an infant was better for me. Aspen was getting anxious about something, I could tell he was making plans for some surprise. I think I surprised everyone first though.

I loved her. My parents never gave up their relentless pursuit of how wrong they felt this relationship was. They even tried to get the police involved, Lillian had to press the charges. That was quickly quashed. The one thing that was going for us was my parents didn't fire Justin, in fact their relationship was as strong as if he was a son. That action allowed us to deliver the restraining order. My parents even knew better than to get involved with that.

I was kicked out, meaning all my income was now gone. I couldn't work at the restaurant with Justin and I had lost my allowance. Douglas had disappeared shortly after the fight in Cleveland, meaning we didn't know where to find more fights. The only thing I knew was restaurant work and fighting.

I started at the bottom again, opening a food truck, I started out simply, putting a play pen in the corner of the office for Lillian. Only selling sandwiches and bottled drinks, mostly other students were my customers. I barely made enough for us to live off of. Liam may have gotten the house when my grandparents died, but I got their fishing hut, maybe I should say tiny home. Trading my precious skylark in for an old truck, I pulled it to an abandoned lot. Solar power gave us all we needed electronic wise. This lot had an artisan well, meaning it was easy to take the bubbling water and pump it into the home. I made the small downstairs bedroom into the nursery/playroom. Unfortunately, many of her beautiful things no longer fit. Using Aspens house for storage, I sold some things to make the repairs needed.

A bed was built into the wall, similar to bunks on a submarine, putting a gate onto the opening to hold her in, underneath was her closet. I managed to fit her small changing table in a corner. My bed was upstairs with limited clothing. On her big girl days, Lillian would climb up the stairs and cuddle with me. The small living room was where her rocker was. The table had a built in retractable baby seat, my cupboards were full of bottles and only dishes enough for one day. These close confines forced us to resolve any problems that popped up quickly.

I didn't have much, but I knew I wanted Lillian to have it all. Therefore, in January, just four months after meeting her, I took her out to eat, placing a velvet box in my pocket. She knew we didn't have much, so dressed conservatively.

 She knew we didn't have much, so dressed conservatively

I held her close to my side, in my small truck. It wasn't anywhere fancy, but Applebee's would work for my plans. Ordering all her favorites we sat and ate in comfort. Dessert came and I realized that I was losing big girl, Lillian. I knelt on my knee presenting her the box. Her amusement continued through opening the lid and seeing a jeweled paci. "Please, I want you to be my baby until I die. Marry me?"